BIG RED BASH 2016

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 22:02
ThreadID: 130878 Views:2388 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Would love to attend next year's Bash, but see dogs are not permitted at the campsite. Just wondering, considering the number of people traveling with their canines, if there are any boarding kennels or private persons who would care for a dog to enable us to attend. Maybe someone has had the experience this year.
Cheers, Peegee
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gronk - Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 22:11

Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 22:11
I'm sure there are kennels around where ever you live...

If you are meaning somewhere near Birdsville......not a chance in hell !!
AnswerID: 592653

Reply By: Member - RobnJane(VIC) - Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:23

Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:23
Hi Prue,

We had the same concern for this years Bash and after extensive checking could not find anywhere to look after our dog. The station property is classified as organic hence no dogs on site and why grey water is to be collected etc.

I am aware of at least one couple who had to leave as they had their dog with them.

Rgds,
Rob
RobnJane

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 592670

Follow Up By: Member. Rob M (QLD) - Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 13:08

Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 13:08
Hi Pru,

Have to agree with Rob's comments.
They were very strict last year, and made it known they had no qualms about
asking people to leave.
We have installed a grey water tank rather than take containers for grey water this year and bought a second toilet holding tank to make things easier.

If you can make it, it is well worth the trip.
We already have purchased our tickets.

Might see you there.
Rob M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 860847

Reply By: Member - prue g - Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 20:32

Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 20:32
Thanks Rob and RobM,
I don't hold much hope, but just thought I'd ask the question. We will be on a 3-4 month trip again, so just can't leave our dog at home- looks like will have to give the Bash a miss. Interesting, we had him up on Big Red a couple of years ago with no restriction, but I guess there has to be rules with such a large crowd.
I see you have a Tvan Rob- we have one too and love it, although will look at the Topaz for the future.
We'd love to join the 100 Tvans Tracktrailer are hoping to attend this year's Bash! Who knows may still make it.
Cheers, Prueg
AnswerID: 592705

Sponsored Links