Quick fridge question

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 07:54
ThreadID: 130941 Views:2021 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, just wondering, we have a cf50 waeco, and just wondering what temp do people set to run as fridge, and what temp do you set to run as a freezer.. Thanks..Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Slow one - Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 09:42

Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 09:42
Mate, it all depends on what you want to freeze or refrigerate over a time frame.

I keep my fridge between 2 and 5 degrees C and the freezer around - 8 to 10 C. This seems to work well, the only things that can alter are the amount and length of time the fridge is open for and the different temps in different parts of the fridge.

Placement in the fridge for items you wish to keep a little cooler and the use of barriers work well.

You can look up the different storage time at different temperatures for produce, which will give you a good guide on temp you require for the estimated storage time.

I know they get funny about you delivering 18 pallets of ice-cream that is around 2 degrees C. LOL.
AnswerID: 592961

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 09:52

Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 09:52
If you don't have fresh greens like lettuce then about 1 -2 degrees is right for a fridge. If you are adding items like drinks then the lower temp will help keep thinks cooler given the lack of circulation due to the fridge being fullish. You will find the internal temp will vsary from 1 to about 5 degrees with this setting.

For a freezer, It is best to set it to as low as possible when driving, usually - 18. Then when you are parked change it to about - 12 to save your battery. When you start driving again go back to -18. As a rough guide, your fridge will heat up and cool down at about 1 degree per hour.

Be aware that your fridge will use about 3 - 4 times the power as a freezer than it will use as a fridge. ( for that model fridge, it will use about 70AH per day as a freezer and about 24AH per day as a fridge). So a 100 AH battery will last for about 15 hours freezing, and 2 days as a fridge if you look after the battery and don't go under about 50% capacity.

hope that helps

AnswerID: 592962

Reply By: Batt's - Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 23:02

Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 23:02
3 deg is ideal for fridge but no higher than 5deg is recommended especially if you carry milk and products that need to be refrigerated correctly 2 deg if you want a nice cold beer. -18 for freezer to achieve the correct deep freeze and will prevent bacteria from forming and it will also help to correctly freeze any products you add say fish you catch and want to take home.
AnswerID: 592983

Reply By: Member - Odog - Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 06:46

Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 06:46
Thank you all, great point about turning it down while driving, so good to be able to pick up little hints and ideas, on doing things a more efficient way. Was thinking I wasn't running it cold enough as a fridge, and wasn't to sure how cold to run it as a freezer..Thanks again to you all. Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 592985

Sponsored Links