PMX CAMPER TRAILERS

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 00:15
ThreadID: 131028 Views:12497 Replies:9 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience, or know anyone that has with pmx camper trailers from W.A
thanks,
Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: oz doc - Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 01:51

Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 01:51
A friend bought one at a camping show on sunday. Its not registered and sounds like hes having a spot of bother getting it over the pits. ( I thought it would be registered if you bought it new?)Also needs something fixed on the fridge slide. We looked at them at the show. Lots of bells and whistles for the money. Are you looking at getting one? Doc
AnswerID: 593342

Reply By: Member - Ian C26 - Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 12:07

Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 12:07
I am looking at all of the camper trailers but, some of them are rediculus in price, these PMX seem to be reasonably priced, but I guess you only get what you pay for, I rather like the cub campers but very expensive, is there any others that I should look at?
Ian.
AnswerID: 593346

Follow Up By: disco driver - Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 13:44

Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 13:44
Ian,
If we knew the depth of your pockets, ie how much you want to spend, members and others would be give you a better idea of what's in your price range.

Disco.
FollowupID: 861565

Reply By: Member - Ian C26 - Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 14:27

Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 14:27
Around the $20-25000 mark
AnswerID: 593351

Reply By: Johnhu - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 10:13

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 10:13
I don't own a PMX camper, but have seen a few around the traps here in Perth. Can I assume with the budget you have mentioned and that you are looking at the PMX trailers - that you are seeking a hard floor (rear fold) type trailer, and that you are based in WA ?

The PMX units are imported from China like many others these days. Some have issues due to build quality, canvas quality, etc - and some don't. Seems to be luck of the draw. It also depends on how much off-road touring you plan to do (v's on-road touring).

Personally if you were looking at a hard floor camper in that price range that is reasonably well built and capable - I'd be more tempted to keep an eye out for a second hand Australian built unit. Cub and Pioneer ones pop up for sale here in WA fairly regularly.

Anyhow, just something else to consider.

John
AnswerID: 593373

Follow Up By: Member - Ian C26 - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 16:42

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 16:42
Thanks John,yes I have heard of these problems, I just want to do a lot of homework before I commit that sort of money.
FollowupID: 861596

Reply By: Mick O - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 10:43

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 10:43
Ian, these campers are also being marketted under the EzyTrail brand in all states. Your mob PMX is one of the WA dealers.

I had a good look at these trailers a couple of months ago. A mate has bought the Eden. Yes made in China but assembled here so they seemed to be using better quality fixtures during the fit-out. I was impressed with the Albany and Stirling models for the level of fit-out but these were heavy. I think you'd need to do a bit of reinforcing around various bits and pieces if you were going to be dragging it long term around outback roads. I wouldn't be taking it up the Gunbarrel or Anne Beadell, then again I wouldn't take any trailer other than an Ulti or KK up those (or camper of commensurate robust standard as Ulti/KK).

I note that the freight price added to the WA prices appears a fair whack so if you were over on the east coast for a holiday, you might save a few bucks picking one up over here and shaking it down on the way home.

Anecdotally only, I have heard that their (EzyTrail) after sales service can be hit and miss. They are moving a lot of campers though.

Cheers Mick

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 593375

Follow Up By: Member - Ian C26 - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 16:50

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 16:50
Thanks for that info Mick, interesting to read that they go by different names, I just thought it was a W.A company,but I would be very interested to contact someone over east that sells them, or a website to compare prices, like I said before, for that sort of money I need to be sure on what I am getting is a reliable camper, are they popular over east? I asked for sales contacts from pmx here and got no response.
FollowupID: 861597

Reply By: Chad B1 - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 15:38

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 15:38
We've had one for 4 years now. It has given us no trouble at all. Last year we took it to Birdsville, from Newman via Wiluna, Laverton, Warburton, Ayre's rock, Coober Pedy, Marree. Gibb river road this year - no trouble. The hard floor model that is.
AnswerID: 593384

Follow Up By: Member - Ian C26 - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 16:57

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 16:57
thanks Chad, I am glad to hear positives about it, what model have you got? did you have to make any mods or strengthen it anywhere as mention in another reply I got, it seem as though it might be a hit & miss situation, I don`t suppose it makes any difference what state they are assembled does it.
FollowupID: 861598

Reply By: Member - Peter G20 - Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 15:34

Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 15:34
Hi Ian
We are from WA too and we purchased a WA Camper Trailer hard floor model called the 'Eureka'.
We have owned it for over 2 years now and recently lived in it for 9 months while doing the lap around Oz.
Its been over some tough tracks. being locally built the quality and durability is 2nd to none!
We traveled over 50,000 ks and its still as good as new!
They are based in Balcatta and have some 2nd hand ones for sale from time to time.
Maybe worth a bo-peep!
I like buying local as if there is a problem the factory is on your door step!
Even the independent suspension is WA made in nearby Wangara!

When you are out near the black stump in 40 plus degrees its a comfort knowing the rig is ozzy made and will handle our tough conditions!

Cheers

Pete
AnswerID: 593415

Reply By: Member - Peter G20 - Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 18:54

Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 18:54
Hi Ian
To answer your question re toilet/shower?
We have a long handle shovel and canvas shower bag!!
You can erect an en suite type shelter but we felt its too much like hard work!!

Cheers

Pete
AnswerID: 593423

Reply By: nickb - Monday, Dec 07, 2015 at 01:08

Monday, Dec 07, 2015 at 01:08
Our friends bought a soft floor pmx trailer, had it about 18months now.

Trailer and tent seem reasonably solid, can't say the same for the other bits though.

Poles are rusty, pole end fixings are broken, straps to peg tent to ground are ripped, cover straps are ripped, water tank straps have stretched etc etc.

They have travelled some rough roads and nothing that failed has stopped them yet, mainly annoying and frustrating!!!!
AnswerID: 593483

Sponsored Links