trek notes and tomtom sat navs

Submitted: Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 19:34
ThreadID: 131178 Views:1676 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi world, I am living in the UK and travel to OZ when I can. I can't justify the OZ sat nav systems but am going to invest in the Tomtom 6100 which is a world wide system. I haven't managed to find out what file structure they use. Does anyone know if the ExploreOZ treck notes work on a Tomtom? I hope they do, even if the Tomtom maps are pretty basic in display.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: get outmore - Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 20:06

Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 20:06
short answer ..no
long answer nope
AnswerID: 594039

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Tuesday, Dec 22, 2015 at 13:41

Tuesday, Dec 22, 2015 at 13:41
Hi nwm,

You may be better off installing Navigation Software on a device you already own. Do you have an iPhone/iPad or Android Device that you will be bringing with you? Please see the EOTopo Help & FAQ Article for more information on the types of devices that our maps can be installed on, and the software required to do so (please note the Trek Note downloads are not maps, they are tracks that can be downloaded and used for navigation in compatible systems).

I'm happy to help further if needed, please just let me know.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 594065

Reply By: xray tango - Wednesday, Dec 23, 2015 at 17:56

Wednesday, Dec 23, 2015 at 17:56
I have a TOM-Tom World a bit older than yours and have used it all around the world including the UK.

You should be able to go into the menu and select the Australian maps and have a look around. Although it won't compare to ExploreOz treck notes, there is generally reasonable mapping on the major country roads, but not sufficiently accurate or detailed for the real outback.

Colin
AnswerID: 594089

Sponsored Links