thermometers

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 16:58
ThreadID: 131231 Views:1963 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
does anybody know the accuracy of engel thermometers,not the wireless type,but the pne that will reads ambient ,and fridge temperature?thanks barry
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 17:46

Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 17:46
Ha ha, funny you posted this Barry. I bought one at Ray's, in Cairns on Boxing Day. Engel claim that it is accurate to plus/minus 1 degreeC.

One thing, probably the only thing, I remember from high school pyshics, is that melting ice is at 34 deg F. Have just tested my new purchase, in a melting ice/water solution and it went down to 33.4deg. That's close enough for me to keep the steaks and drinks cold.

Son in law said he's had all sorts of dramas with the Ironman wireless thermometers, which was going to be my preferred purchase. Jaycar might be a good outlet for even cheaper units than the Engel. Think I paid about $45 or $50 at Ray's.

Bob
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 594273

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 19:38

Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 19:38
Sorry Bob, either you weren't paying attention or the memory failing!

The melting point of ice at sea level is 32 deg F or 0 deg C for all practical purposes.

But really, the only important thing is........ your preference for beer temperature, not a column of mercury. lol
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 862635

Reply By: DBN05 (tas) - Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 20:14

Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 20:14
Hi Barry P,

I'll put my 2 cents in, have a look at weather station from Jaycar cost about $45 also buy another 2 senders plus batteries all up about $100.
While this might seam a lot but I have one sender in freezer one in fridge the other in fridge in my 4x4. this unit also tells you temperature inside your caravan. Have tried engel and others and found this one works great. Have just finished 27,500kms 6 months lap of oz and was told about jaycar weather station by another exploroz member.

hope this is some help

Harvey

DBN05 (tas)
I NEVER get lost, but don't i see a lot of NEW places.

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 594279

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 21:36

Tuesday, Dec 29, 2015 at 21:36
I have had no issue with the Engel wired ones...until this week when one has died.........however it has faithfully dome some 7 or so years so I will happily replace it with another Engel.

Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 594283

Reply By: The Bantam - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 11:54

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 11:54
Jaycar do a inside/ outside fridge thermometer, that is a pretty fair thing for about 20 bucks.

Was selling the same unit on line a while back ....... they seem reasonably accurate and I had no failures.

Still have several running here.for variuos purposes.

cheers

AnswerID: 594297

Sponsored Links