EvaKool 85Lt Fridge/Freezer

I'm thinking about replacing the fridge in the camper trailer and because of the space available I can't fit a Trailblazer, might just fit an Engel but the low height of the EvaKool would fit. Are the owners of the fibreglass units happy with them or would the EvaKool Fridgemate 70Lt be better.

The warranty appears good, how about the after sales side of it ? Are there service people around the whole of the country, not just in Queensland ?

Do they work as well as the insulation makes them look ?

Thanks for all and any replies,
Lloyd M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Friday, Jan 08, 2016 at 17:21

Friday, Jan 08, 2016 at 17:21
Well, I've had an Eva Kool for about 15 years now the white fibreglass version and it is terrific. It's been all over the Kimberlys in the hottest part of the year and it will freeze down to minus 15 in the hottest temps in the back of the canopy..

I can't recommend them highly enough. I rang Eva Kool a few years back and asked if I should get it serviced, the comment was "Is it working?" I said yep, they said "leave it alone"
AnswerID: 594633

Reply By: Member - Bigred13 - Friday, Jan 08, 2016 at 17:29

Friday, Jan 08, 2016 at 17:29
Hi Lloyd ,I do not have the fibreglass model but I do have the 95 ltr yellow poly one had it for about 5 years ,great fridge ,very economical ,I did a test using and amp in line meter and over 16 hrs it used 22 A average 1.3 A/H,it was as fridge/freezer in the back of L/Cruiser wagon .I have a off road camper ,but I would never put a fridge in the compartment they design for them ,one little air inlet and fridge would be running full time .Never had any warranty problems ,did break one lid catch (our fault ) rang Brisbane and they sent two new ones ,no charge .
Regards John
AnswerID: 594634

Follow Up By: Member - KeithB - Friday, Jan 08, 2016 at 23:50

Friday, Jan 08, 2016 at 23:50
Times Two on the big yellow 95 litre. You can pick up an ex factory second for less than $1,000. We have had ours for only two years but it keeps everything cold in any weather.
The yellow plastic finish is very durable. The compressor is noisy and I'd hate to sleep next to it.
Otherwise a fantastic unit.
FollowupID: 863151

Reply By: Member - Lloyd M - Friday, Jan 08, 2016 at 21:23

Friday, Jan 08, 2016 at 21:23
Thanks very much for your comments Notso and Bigred13.
Much appreciated,
Lloyd M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 594645

Reply By: Batt's - Saturday, Jan 09, 2016 at 04:03

Saturday, Jan 09, 2016 at 04:03
My 47ltr Evakool is 11yrs old still running ok and it definitely doesn't absorb smells like they advertise it still smell like the day I bought it. I think the fibreglass model would keep the cold in and the heat out better than the fridgemate which would help it run more efficiently I think there worth paying the extra for. Have you looked on their web site at the factory seconds you might save a few bucks on something that may just have a minor imperfection or floor stock.
AnswerID: 594652

Follow Up By: Batt's - Saturday, Jan 09, 2016 at 04:27

Saturday, Jan 09, 2016 at 04:27
I've never had any problems with after sales service we bought ours in Perth the thermostat played up in the first year I rang Evakool they put me onto their repairer and it was fixed in a day. About 6 yrs ago I was in Burpengary visiting relies the amber warning light started flashing I rang them they said bring it up to them which I did the next day, they found the on off switch was faulty it was fixed on the spot. While I was there I saw their fridge temp monitor I was then shown how it works and it's ability to have the monitor in the fridge in one room and the receiver in another room still working. My fridge is in a fully enclosed alloy canopy on my ute and I can still pick up a temp reading in the ute cab and also inside my house it does drop out sometimes but I'm surprised it works at all through the alloy canopy. I have found their after sales service to be great, the staff at Evakool to be friendly and knowledgable about their products.
FollowupID: 863159

Reply By: Member - Lloyd M - Saturday, Jan 09, 2016 at 15:38

Saturday, Jan 09, 2016 at 15:38
Thanks Batts, much appreciated
Lloyd M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 594664

Sponsored Links