Big Red Compressor

Submitted: Monday, Jun 17, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1314 Views:3672 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Big Red compressor will handle mounting under a bonnet for the long term. Not sure if the dust and water etc will significantly reduce it's life.

Another is comments on whether it's worth putting a water seperator on the air line after the compressor to reduce moisture into the wheels. Have you noticed just how much water is in the air from your compressor especially on a humid day, it's quite large. What do you think?? Can you suggest a cheap seperator??

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Den - Friday, Jun 21, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jun 21, 2002 at 00:00
Ray, good to see people using (in house compressors) mine gets used mostly for other people...But Ray the cheap part about a water separator will only let you down when you least require letting down. My compressor is in the engine bay, but is inside an old toolbox with insulation on the (outside) the expansion tank (reservoir) is a couple of short lengths of 50mm vinidex tubing wrapped around just under the tray where its virtually impossable to get hit with rocks. Personally i dont bother with a separator, but you may want to mount it fairly high on the firewall or even inside the cabin for safety, the glass/plastic type bowl sometimes crack and leak on the one i have at home on my 240v compressor. Personally i think you may be just adding something that will probably let you down, like i said, mine usually gets used for other people and not really on my own vehicle..Good luck ..Den
AnswerID: 4337

Follow Up By: Ray - Monday, Jun 24, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jun 24, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Den.
FollowupID: 1878

Sponsored Links