New Motorhome owner- Which forum

Submitted: Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 05:27
ThreadID: 131797 Views:2158 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am just leading a newbie to the scene and looking for a forum/site that would be more towards Motorhome travel. What about Greynomads?

Yes Exploroz is the FIRST tab in the Favourites list but I believe it would help having an alternative.

Any suggestions.

Off to the high country in the early hours of tomorrow so apologies if I don't answer for a week or so. Maybe with some luck, we will get stuck up there and have to stay longer.

Phil
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozi M - Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 08:42

Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 08:42
I find here best for technical and off road stuff :)
For living in vehicles I find caravan forums better, there are a number of people on there with motorhomes that are regular users.Lots of mundane stuff like how do I fix this, what is this caravan park like etc
Eoz is better for where to go and which mountain to drive over :)
AnswerID: 597230

Reply By: Member - Peter H1 (NSW) - Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 09:07

Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 09:07
aussiemotorhomers.com

ozervnews.com

cmca.net.au [must join the club]

PeterH
AnswerID: 597231

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, Mar 12, 2016 at 00:22

Saturday, Mar 12, 2016 at 00:22
What does he want from a forum Phil? Technical information specific to motorhomes? information about where to travel? Camping information (serviced caravan parks or independent camping)? To meet other similar travelers?

CMCA (and I think their forum was re-instated after a closure) is specific to motorhomes and campervans as well as fifth wheelers. They also hold rallies and group trips. Caravaners Forum covers all these travel issues for all types of campers, and is free.

Have a wonderful trip in the high country.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 597266

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2016 at 19:02

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2016 at 19:02
Hi MH

Firstly she is brand new so I wanted one or two forums which she can scan and monitor or join if she wants. I believe from the responses so far that good old reliable Exploroz.com and CMCA will be a good start.

The high country. Bloody dusty. Not being the leader and there being a lack of rain the tracks were extra dry and "lotsadust" lived everywhere. Also they chose some bad timing - long weekend in Victoria and with us enetering the alpine area via Mansfield we wore the blunt of it. The traffic was like Pitt Street - oooops I should say Collins Street. The first night at Sheepyard Flat, the camp ground was heavily crowded. But we found a corner and enjoyed the usual banter. From then it started to thin out somewhat until Monday evening when we had Bendaree Hut to ourselves and pretty much the same with the other huts. However we had a flat yesterday and took the better part of valour and left the group and came home. Not a good place to be running rarely used rocky and slippery tracks with no spare. Next year we can finish the trip.

The home shower was the most welcome part of today. We had inches of dust on the car and all over us. Add the mud from a few rough water crossings and it's a wonder the cops didn't send us back to wash first.

Butttt Always better than gardening.

Take care and thanks for the response.

Phil
FollowupID: 866459

Follow Up By: equinox - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2016 at 20:03

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2016 at 20:03
Hi Phil,
You?? had a flat??
You have often said on here that you haven't had a flat for twenty years.
Welcome to the club!!!
Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 866463

Sponsored Links