ULTIMATE GO tiny camper

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 14, 2016 at 22:08
ThreadID: 132130 Views:4642 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
I have an opportunity to buy a 'GO' camper. I am very new to this has any one had experience with these in Australia.

cheers
Michael

http://www.sylvansport.com/
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bigfish - Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 05:55

Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 05:55
Once again it all depends on what you want to do and what your expectations of the unit are. I checked out the website and it appears to me to just be a tent on a lightweight trailer base. Might be alright driving on the bitumen but I dont think I,d risk going off road. I would rather buy a solid trailer and a decent tent/camp set up. Dosen,t look real weather proof. I reckon Australian outdoor conditions call for a more robust design.
AnswerID: 598662

Reply By: Malcom M - Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 06:48

Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 06:48
Have you tried one out yet?
AnswerID: 598666

Reply By: Michael H9 - Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 07:28

Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 07:28
I had a look at the Youtube setup video and here are my thoughts. It's a quirky idea but in reality, the tent looks no better than just about any tent you can buy for a lot less. In fact, it looks like the lightweight cheap polyester type. Setup seems equally as fiddley as a ground tent. The trailer has very little storage for things you might really want to take like second batteries, a kitchen, spare fuel, solar panels etc. Most of the trailer section is open so it would get very dirty on our outback roads and it would turn to mud if it rained. The plus side, it is very light and can carry gear like bikes and boats.
I'm always on the lookout for lightweight camper trailers with easy setup, but this one missed ticking a few of my boxes. Personally I would prefer an enclosed trailer with a James Baroud or similar tent on it.
AnswerID: 598668

Reply By: Michael D23 - Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 08:42

Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 08:42
Thankyou for kind responses - excellent food for thought.

No I have not tried one I have never seen one available before. If I buy it, I would pay no more than $5000 (which is still a lot for me). I am going to look at it this morning I will take pics. I will also explain my situation. I definitely will not buy it today.

Cheers and thanks again

Mivhael
AnswerID: 598671

Reply By: eaglefree - Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 21:29

Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 21:29
Michael, I've watched the video and gotta say, I'm not impressed with the time taken to erect. Maybe that's just me.

I've been involved with the bike/trike world for some time and for a really lightweight and inexpensive camper the Tourlite is the go.

see http://www.tourlitetrailers.com.au/ they start at a very reasonable $3400

Also they are on Facebook at - Tourlite Trailers.

They weigh less than 120kg.

Somethings might go unnoticed with campers. eg storage area under the bed is essential. Bike riders need this as there is no storage on their machines. I'm assuming you will stay on the bitumen. Cheers.
AnswerID: 598693

Follow Up By: Michael D23 - Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 22:34

Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 22:34
Hi Thanks so much
I shall ring Adelaide Tourlite dealership tomorrow. Yes bitumen only. I will probably go with
camper 6 or 7.

You and the others advice has saved the day

Cheers Michael
FollowupID: 867881

Reply By: Michael D23 - Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 22:40

Friday, Apr 15, 2016 at 22:40
Hi Thanks so much
I shall ring Adelaide Tourlite dealership tomorrow. Yes bitumen only. I will probably go with camper 6 or 7.
You and the others advice has saved the day. Weight and length are deal beakers as I live in a retirement village and must fit both car and trailer in garage. My wife is in an adjacent aged care facility so only one person to eventually use the camper.
Cheers Michael
AnswerID: 598697

Sponsored Links