Burra Motor Service

Submitted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 12:12
ThreadID: 132318 Views:2711 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Traveling from Adelaide to Brisbane on the A32 i discovered that i had broken the rear left spring on my caravan,i was about 40 klm out of Burra i rang Burra Motor Service and spoke to Michael the owner who said he would have a look at it.
When i got there Michael said he could get a spring out of Adelaide overnight and would replace it in the morning. when we arrived in the morning Michael jacked up the van and took off the spring and found the one they sent was too long. Michael said he was going to Adelaide in the morning and would pick up 2 new springs as he couldnt guarantee that the other spring would be ok. Next morning arrived and it was raining Michael came out and started to work on the van i told him to stop until the rain stopped but he kept on working 2 hrs later the van was fixed, he charged me for the cost of the springs and only 2 hrs for labour. Anybody calling through and wants good service at a reasonable price give him a go. I have never met this man before but people write about poor workmanship this guy gave us great service and i highly recommend him.
Cheers
Humpback
Back Expand Un-Read 11 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Allan L2 - Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 12:38

Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 12:38
Humpback, It's great to hear a good news story. We hear all too often of the bad news stories.

Cheers,
AnswerID: 599549

Reply By: humpback - Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 15:37

Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 15:37
Hi Allan thanks for the reply,you need to check your computer because i have had the same reply from you 7 times
Cheers
Humpback
AnswerID: 599556

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 17:55

Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 17:55
Only once here, humpback ???
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 868850

Follow Up By: Member - Allan L2 - Friday, May 06, 2016 at 07:48

Friday, May 06, 2016 at 07:48
Humpback, not sure what you mean. All checks out ok this end & appears ok the web site. Your not confused with viewers clicking the thanks box at the bottom of your thread are you? It now show 10 thanks. I think you receive a similar email advising you every time some one has thanks you for your story.

Cheers,
FollowupID: 868877

Reply By: Member - WBS - Friday, May 06, 2016 at 08:11

Friday, May 06, 2016 at 08:11
Talk about Deja vu. Back in December 1973 I was heading to Perth in my trusty HK Holden when the diff packed it in near The Gums on the Morgan - Burra Rd. A tow truck came from Burra to tow me there. The driver was the mechanic from the Burra repair shop . No spare diff parts around (broken saddle block or something) so next morning the mechanic hunted through his wrecks out the back, found a part he reckoned would fit and get me home. He didn't have the required torque wrench so he didn't "blue in" the refitted diff. He advised me to get it checked out in Perth. I was on my way by midday. I was charged for the tow and little else.

The car made it across the Nullabor without a problem (dirt road back then) and I had the diff checked in Perth. The report was - nothing to be done.

I too have fond memories of mechanical repairs in Burra.
AnswerID: 599592

Sponsored Links