torrens track

Submitted: Monday, May 16, 2016 at 19:21
ThreadID: 132433 Views:2339 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
is it still possible to travel from andamooka to farina via mulgaria station,?had a feeling it was closed awhile back,thanks for answers barry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, May 16, 2016 at 19:40

Monday, May 16, 2016 at 19:40
When I stopped at Farina for a look last October, there was a couple of blokes in a company Hilux that were keen to go that way, to save a few clicks.

They went down to the station, and were told that the road was closed at the next station.........so they had to go the long way. :-(

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 600160

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Monday, May 16, 2016 at 22:30

Monday, May 16, 2016 at 22:30
Depends who you are.

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome
AnswerID: 600170

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 07:13

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 07:13
Yes, it's a private track (well, past Mulgaria it is), and it has been abused in the past . . .
Worth a shot though, get their (Mulgaria) phone number (08 - 8675 8313) and give them a call.
If you present yourself well, advise wishes to travel through on one date, no camping / stopping of consequence, and most importantly that only in dry conditions, it's worth asking.
If the person you are speaking to has been having a good day, you might get lucky.

A good indicator of what conditions are like ?
SA Outback Road Conditions website map has the part from Farina to Mulgaria on it.
At the moment wouldn't be a respectful time to ask as it's still yellow (Caution at rough sections and washouts).

I would wait until it's green and then when calling say hello, name, that you have noticed the tracks is drying, is it ok to traverse to Andamooka on such and such day, etc etc.
FollowupID: 869492

Sponsored Links