Article Review: ExplorOz Traveller Feedback & FAQ

My Article Rating: My Rating 4/5

Used this a few days now, great app well done. One suggestion, I would find it easier for navigation if you could have direction of travel to the top of the screen rather than north as a selectable option. It makes navigating turns more intuitive
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 16:32

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 16:32
MartyRRS,

Yes we are working towards this my biggest issue with the initial delivery of this is having raster type maps turn around as this could put markers and text upside down. So the answer to this is vector map tiles which have recently (like 6 months or so) become more of a reality. This technology is terrific and something we are working on however it is an EOTopo 2017 project as it involves completely rebuilding the map data output functionality.

We have invested in this technology and are actively working towards this as it will also allow us to incorporate offline street & paths with full rotation and infinite zoom.

Great suggestion and thanks for being an ExplorOz Traveller.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 601647

Follow Up By: Member - wicket - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 16:53

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 16:53
David
Could you please also optimise the app for the iPad Pro to allow us to split the screen with other apps, this would be really beneficial.
Thanks
FollowupID: 871176

Follow Up By: Member - MartyRRS - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 16:58

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 16:58
thanks for the reply and all the hard work you put in. I have no problem with rotating the map on my HN7 to keep track up and dont mind the upside down names (it would be a real issue with street and path view though) as I usually have mapped out a route before hand and dont need to look for place names the right way up so much as getting the turn correct. Perhaps an interim solution would be to rotate the topo map only for track up, not the street and path? No biggie though more just a convenience thing. You might ask why bother if I have a HN7 with track up? Well, the iPhone is much handier to take walking or on a motor or push bike and the track up option just makes turns more intuitive. Thanks again, am happy to wait on vector maps
FollowupID: 871177

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 17:13

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 17:13
Wicket,

I believe I can set the switch to make this happen - I did have the switch set or so I thought but will see what happens with the next release.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 871178

Sponsored Links