Lunatics on the road

Submitted: Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 17:31
ThreadID: 132873 Views:5402 Replies:15 FollowUps:49
This Thread has been Archived
There are some very lucky people on the road today.

Unbelievable
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: HKB Electronics - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 17:49

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 17:49
What do you expect, the name on the trailer says it all, if you watch motor racing you'll see the same driving on track:(

Getting beyond a joke, observed a road rage incident on the weekend, really anyone involved in that type of event should have their license cancelled permanently, they just don't have the right temperament to be driving on the road.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 601885

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 18:43

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 18:43
I couldn't read the name. Can you spell out in phonetics if you do not want to actually type it correctly.

Phil
FollowupID: 871418

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 19:08

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 19:08
Jesus racing, looks like their trying to meet the owner in person!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871419

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 19:23

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 19:23
It's in the public domain now.

It was JESUS RACING.

Racing to what ??? To meet Him?
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 871420

Reply By: The Explorer - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 17:59

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 17:59
Situation normal.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 601886

Reply By: Michael H9 - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 18:33

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 18:33
This one is pretty close too....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-26/footage-shows-cars-near-head-on-smash-with-truck/7544826

AnswerID: 601888

Reply By: Paul E6 - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 19:33

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 19:33
I can't work out why people towing at the speed limit feel the need to overtake.
No matter how fast you go, some people will sit on your bum till they get past. They then often slow down to do your speed and sit in front of you.
AnswerID: 601891

Follow Up By: Gronk - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 20:52

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 20:52
Possibly because the person in front is doing less than the speed limit.

The person in the video only wanted to get past a slower driver.....but did it in a very unsafe way.....and lucky he didn't get killed for his trouble.
FollowupID: 871423

Reply By: peteC - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 21:26

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 21:26
An 84 year old cooma man driving the falcon wagon has just been charged with dangerous overtaking
AnswerID: 601895

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:35

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:35
He was in a hurry to meet Jesus
FollowupID: 871507

Reply By: garrycol - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 21:30

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 21:30
Another old fella who should not be on the road

84yo charged
AnswerID: 601896

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 22:53

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 22:53
The following are 'copy & pastes' from the Jesus Racing website.............

"Andrew ‘Fishtail’ Fisher drives the Jesus Ute in the Auto One V8 Ute series, using his racing car as a mobile billboard to spread the name of Jesus."

"Andrew utilises his profile as a racing car driver for the ‘Life Choices’ program which last year saw him speak to 50,000 high school students".....

"He challenges the students to be courageous, while discussing topics including smoking, drinking, drugs, teenage sex and speeding."

"The Jesus Racing Team is making an enormous impact."

Well yes, they came very close to that in the video!
Cheers
Allan

AnswerID: 601900

Follow Up By: Ron N - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 23:33

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 23:33
Allan - Now, he can include "dangerous overtaking maneouvres", in his list of topics to discuss! LOL

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 871427

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 06:54

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 06:54
Greetings All

I didn't realize how many religious people there are in this country .....
Because many drivers here put a lot of faith in God the way they drive !!

Happy and safe travelling
Gazz
AnswerID: 601905

Reply By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 09:55

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 09:55
We sometimes like to overtake, maybe just because we want to. That's not illegal. We may wish to travel a few kilometers faster than the vehicle in front. And when in front of that car we will slow down to our selected cruising speed and continue. Considering that it's two week driving to get to Port Headland from home that 5 to 10 kms per hour adds up. We aren't in a hurry, we just want to go a little fatser so we overtake.

BUT It is not done with the speed limit a limiting factor. Safety is, and if my memory serves me right we are always told not to drive on the right hand side for long. So we do it as fast as possible. That may mean going over the speed limit. I get so frustrated with people, not limited trucks etc, who get "out there" and just sit on the speed limit. I really feel like driving right over them. So I will pull back and wait until they go away. If I got booked for speeding when overtaking then so be it. But I wont hang out there risking everyone's lives.

The Jesus example above may have been a typical "speed limit" pain in the neck and nearly killed someone in so doing. We would have been out and around a lot earlier or would still be behind the other car. A real bunch of hypocrites !!!!!

Phil
AnswerID: 601918

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:16

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:16
So your getting frustrated by others who obey the speed laws!

Speeding whilst overtaking doesn't make it a safer maneuver, I'm sure the police can tell many stories of drivers losing control due to excessive speeding whilst over taking ending in injury or fatalities. I've personally seen accidents as a result of excessive speed while overtaking, these have been caused by impatient drivers trying to overtake when there just wasn't enough clear road to do so.

Generally if you speeding to overtake you already know it is going to be tight hence the "get it over and done as quickly as possible and not hang out there", the rule is very clear, don't overtake unless safe to so, though these days it seems there are a lot out their that believe the rules don't apply to them.

I'm probably one of the pest you talk about, overtaking whilst towing a 1.8T camper I tend to keep my overtaking speeds to a minimum as one never knows when a blow out might occur etc, sorry if I hold up your overtaking maneuver however I do make sure there is plenty of time to do so.

Overtaking on hills, double lines, blind corners seems the norm. Pity the police don't take there license off them for years instead of just issuing a fine, they might think twice about it then.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871451

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:31

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:31
If someone is doing 105 in a 110 zone and you want to pass so you can do 110, then you will have to go temporarily over the speed limit to do it safely.
FollowupID: 871452

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:46

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:46
Interesting how people twist things to justify their actions!

If you have to exceed a 110 to get past your breaking the law, how clear do the laws need to be?

If it is posted as 110 then either wait till its safe to pass at 110 or don't pass.

If you break the law to overtake and get pinged then happily pay the fine and don't start going on about how you improve road safety by speeding.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871453

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:15

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:15
Spot on Michael. Illegal but safer and there isn't one cop in the world that will officially agree with me. But socially and not on record - well that's another matter.

Phil
FollowupID: 871455

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:34

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:34
Phil,
You may have your chance one day, if you get pulled over for speeding while overtaking then just refuse the fine and go to court and argue your case:)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871456

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:36

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:36
Drive a naturally aspirated Troopy then the question of passing anything doesn't even arise. lol
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 871457

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:01

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:01
HKB You really don't understand do you. I would pay the fine and not complain if booked for going over the speed limit. Any day of the week. Even on Sunday!!

Safety parameters are not set in concrete. They are flexible and debatable. Speeding is not.

There is a section of highway north of Alice where the speed limit is well over the 110. Why the difference? Can you answer that? Haven't been on it and no intention to go over 108 anyway. That is a comfortable speed for our car.

It must be very strange to you that, with my approach to safe driving, why I have only had one accident (slid off a muddy track in the high country) and booked only once for speeding in 50 years. And I successfully challenged the speeding fine as it was in a de-restricted country area on the Hume in 1968 and well before the state limits.

Phil
FollowupID: 871463

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:14

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:14
Allan B,

Maybe you should get your 1HZ checked out. My ute originally had a 1HZ, dependable old plodder that it was, and I will swear on as high a stack of bibles (or whatever suitable literature you care to name) that I once overtook a rider on her push bike.
It may have taken a while, and she and my good wife did have time to swap a few recipes during the passing, but I did eventually get by her.

(;=))

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 871464

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:20

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:20
And to top it off, was that going down Mt Keira hill??

Hi Pop

Phil
FollowupID: 871466

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:29

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:29
Phil (vk1dx)

If I am interpreting your post correctly, the whole "Jesus racing" incident may have been the fault of the car and van being overtaken. More so if that vehicle and van were doing the speed limit.

If that is the case, all I can say is thank the good Lord (and his son) there is only one of you. Although having viewed the footage I fear I may be offering my thanks in vain.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 871469

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:46

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 15:46
"Safety parameters are not set in concrete. They are flexible and debatable"

The problem is everyone has their own idea of what is safe and as a result we need road laws to protect our selves from ourselves.

You argue get out and around as quickly as possible as it's safer, you mean you consider or believe it to be safer at the time. I have seen a car hit from behind when pulling out from a semi sandwich not expecting a car travelling at 140Kmh or so to rear end them, yes they should have looked, but then if the overtaking car wasn't travelling so fast both might have been able to avoid the collision.

I have also seen a family killed by a driver travelling over the speed limit in one lane pulling into another and rear ending the car cuasing it to go out of control and run of the road into trees. I have seen a vehicle hit an oncoming vehicle where they may been able to pull up and duck in behind the car they were over taking if they hadn't been travelling so fast.

I have had a vehicle try duck into the left lane floor it to try and pass me while I was travelling at the speed limit and collect a parked car.

All those drivers would no doubt have argued a similar case to yours, unfortunately they got caught out, maybe if you had to clean up the mess a few times caused by drivers that believe their better driving and risk assessment skills puts them above the rest of the population you might reconsider.

It's common sense you say, unfortunately most out there don't have common sense and that's why speeding laws exist, we pay people to set the speed limits for our roads, yes at times one has to wonder why large sections of roads are limited to one speed and others at another, usually it is as a direct result of idiots killing themselves or others on what should be a very safe road!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871472

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 16:02

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 16:02
Pop,
He's arguing that it is ok for overtaking drivers to break the posted speed limit by whatever speed they feel is required to minimize time in the right lane, ie you want to pass a car that is travelling at 97Kmh in a 100Kmh zone because it is "holding" you up then overtaking at 130Kmh etc is acceptable.

And doing over the speed limit is ok because you know of a similar road somewhere else has a higher posted limit therefore all roads should have the same higher speed limit.

For all those that overtake cars, at speeds above the posted speed limit I hope that no unfortunate events should ever occur whilst you're doing so that end in the loss of a life as we'll have to live with that for the rest of your life.

But then that shouldn't worry some of you as you'll be able to console yourself in the fact that you where doing what you believe was the safest thing at the time.

Anyway had enough of this, for all you speeders who believe your driving skills etc put you above the law no worries, just please don't run into me or my family thanks:(

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871473

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:19

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:19
And so - on and on we go - round and round we go. (is that a song) Another thread getting nowhere. I am not judging anyone neither you and most importantly neither of the drivers in the case above. Not my right nor yours.

All I am saying is that when I challenge what people "judge" to be wrong I am thinking outside the square that maybe there may be some other side to it. I had a bloke today who "pushed past" on my left and merged in front me in a one-on-one merge. That made three cars between myself and the one in front of me. I can't stand driving up the clacker of the car in front of me so it happens.

So I ask why isn't the car on the left at fault by not backing off a smidgin and allowing that bloke past. If you don't like someone up your clacker then let them past. He knew he was coming and could have slowed down. It's a lot easier to slow down than to speed up. Just think of that. That's all think about the other side of the coin.

I know one of the drivers posted on this thread and maybe he could help next time it happens by considering what could be a safer solution. Not judging you mate!!!

Personally I slow down, just the same as I do if the car in front is "stuck out there". I wait until a better chance comes along.

But I won't wait all day. It's a long way when you have thousands of k's to cover. And I don't mind going over the limit a bit to get back in the left lane sooner. So I will pay the fine if booked.

Phil
FollowupID: 871476

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:22

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:22
Exactly Pop. Maybe the bloke on the left sped up to stop him overtaking. You never know. It's not ours to judge.

Good on you mate

Phil
FollowupID: 871478

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:35

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:35
HKB Like I said - you amaze me.

In post number 871473 you said the following;
"He's arguing that it is ok for overtaking drivers to break the posted speed limit by whatever speed they feel is required to minimize time in the right lane, ie you want to pass a car that is travelling at 97Kmh in a 100Kmh zone because it is "holding" you up then overtaking at 130Kmh etc is acceptable."

I did not say that at all and in fact I didn't mention any speed at all nor did I say that it was "acceptable" to use "whatever speed". Stop misquoting me. That's a very exaggerated interpretation of what I said. I never used the example that you said I did. Some people would say that you lied. I won't . . . .

Unreal . . .

Phil
FollowupID: 871479

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:43

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:43
Fair enough I retrack it, make it 95Kmh in a 100Kmh zone to as per your "that 5 to 10 kms per hour adds up"

And replace the 130Khm to whatever speed is required to allow you to "But I wont hang out there risking everyone's lives"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871482

Follow Up By: Member - Blue M - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:06

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:06
vk1dx, Would you care to explain just a little more by what you mean when you stated this.
"I get so frustrated with people, not limited trucks etc, who get "out there" and just sit on the speed limit. I really feel like driving right over them"

To me this would have to be the stupidest statement I have read.

1. Exactly what speed would you like some one that is not breaking the speed limit to sit on?
2. If they were sitting on the posted speed limit, and you, the law abiding citizen that you are, you physically should never have caught up to them, useless you are speeding.

For some one "who is not in a hurry, but just want to go a little faster so we overtake", maybe should have a rethink.

Another reason I think people sit 5k's or so below the speed limit may be, that their speedo is indicating they are doing the speed limit.
Not everyone needs or owns a GPS to find their way from Adeliade to Darwin.

Also you will be frustrated should you catch me up as I sit on 2250 revs in fourth.

Cheers

FollowupID: 871484

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:14

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:14
Phil,

Actually I retract everything I wrote above, I appreciate it that you are worried about my safety and therefore prepared to break the law and risk fines etc to ensure it. However as another road users who has to share the road with you I would appreciate it if you could remain at or below the posted speed limit in the future thanks.

Cheers

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871485

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:36

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:36
This is stupid. We are nit picking.

Cheers

Phil
FollowupID: 871486

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:52

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:52
I think Phil meant people who pull out to overtake and sit on the speed limit so they are on the wrong side of the road for a long time in some cases. They call that an elephant race in Germany. Nobody should get upset at people who are doing the speed limit.
FollowupID: 871489

Follow Up By: GREG T11 - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 19:12

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 19:12
HKB, you certainly have witnessed a lot of accidents. Most people are fortunate not to see any or maybe come across one after the dust has settled so to speak. in their lifetime.
No offence but I am happy not to travel anywhere near you. Bad karma comes to mind .
FollowupID: 871493

Follow Up By: Member - Outback Gazz - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 19:38

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 19:38
Lunatics on the road ???

Lunatics on forums as well !!

Don't take it to heart guys - just having a laugh !!

Cheers

Gazz
FollowupID: 871496

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 20:38

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 20:38
Greg,

Not bad karma, if you spend a lot of time travelling you just come across lots of idiots driving cars etc.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871498

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 16:31

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 16:31
Terrorist season upon us once again , convoys of once a year towing nomads dawdle along the h/ways and byways without a care in the world holding up locals and business [ trucks ] , counted a mob of these on Monday , 32 yes 32 Car / van combinations NOSE to TAIL doing 80 kmh in a 110 zone in-between Barky and Longreach , Chatter on the UHF all about Birdsville and stocking up on bread in Longreach totally oblivious that the Bread truck was stuck behind the 32… terrorist season is upon us .
AnswerID: 601924

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:04

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:04
There are a few very annoying and dangerous situations on the highways, and THAT is one of them . . . not leaving space between vehicles in convoy (travelling at low speed) for safe overtaking.
The other is people that speed up at overtaking lanes !!
Or even those that speed up AS you are overtaking safely, it happens !!!

Funny though, coming home from the NT centre a few times in the past couple of years, that 130km/hr section for aways, never been overtaken on it sitting on 100 - 110, people in general seem to be used to the 'ton' now.

It is a bit of a farce though that 130k can be safe in one place, but not another, such as Hume and other multiple laned highways.
FollowupID: 871511

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 16:32

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 16:32
An interesting observation is that if accelerating to 120kph to overtake a car doing 100kph then it is a speed increase of 20%. However it is an energy increase of 44%.
So it is that much harder to reduce speed if need be......... or a 44% greater impact force if you have a collision.
Take it up to 140kph and you have almost doubled the kinetic energy!!
A sobering consideration perhaps?
Cheers
Allan

AnswerID: 601925

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:43

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:43
One word - patience!

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
AnswerID: 601926

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:45

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 17:45
Totally agree, I have found when suffering from impatience you tend to make silly mistakes.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871483

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:22

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:22
Ahh yes patience is a virtue , however being stuck behind 80kmh terrorists in a 110 kmh .zone is akin to being tortured in hell
FollowupID: 871509

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:08

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:08
Yep have to agree with that also:)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871512

Reply By: Gronk - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:37

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:37
Certainly some diffferent views on "speeding" ??

But the original overtaker would have seen the truck coming a mile away, so should have swallowed his pride and backed off.

What I have seen from some of the posts are comments that seem to imply that going over the speed limit is unsafe !! Going over the speed limit is against the law, but in a lot of cases is NOT unsafe.

I tend to drive to the conditions, so occasionally I go over the speed limit, but fully understand I'll be in BIG trouble if ever I get caught !! LOL
AnswerID: 601932

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:57

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 18:57
I reckon the Stuart Hwy in SA is a lot better road than in the NT yet the speed limit is lower. Just an observation, I do the speed limit, haven't been booked since 1972 touch wood.....
FollowupID: 871491

Follow Up By: Gronk - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 20:46

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 20:46
I rarely adhere strictly to the speed limit any time I go out but have only been booked a couple of times in 40 yrs.

When I go camping, the faster I get there, the sooner I can be kicking back in front of the fire drinking a beer !!
FollowupID: 871500

Reply By: 9900Eagle - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 21:32

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 21:32
How does this become such a big twisted deal. The driver of the vehicle completely STUFFED UP, end of story. HE just wanted to meet his dad and maybe take a few others along with him, that is what scares the hell out of me and that has happened many times. From where I used to to sit for K after K, God rest my sore arse.
AnswerID: 601935

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:37

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:37
No, he was in a hurry to meet Jesus
FollowupID: 871508

Follow Up By: Paul E6 - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 16:35

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 16:35
Good to see you open minded "aussies" using this thread as a chance to knock God and Jesus.
Sounds like a typical conversation in my workplace.
FollowupID: 871514

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 17:45

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 17:45
At least we gave the Holy Ghost a pass?
FollowupID: 871518

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 15:29

Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 15:29
Eagle

Who was at fault? The one who was overtaking or the one who wouldn't let him overtake? We have all met both kinds.

Someone stuffed up and we haven't enough evidence to assume either way.

Phil
FollowupID: 871612

Follow Up By: TomH - Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 15:44

Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 15:44
My take on relooking at the video is that the one on the side of the road had pulled over to let him past and the idiot went in the face of the truck coming the other way.
Two things wrong Guy pulled over at a bad time but was trying to be nice.
Idiot thought well I'll go anyway but badly misjudged the truck's speed.
FollowupID: 871614

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 16:07

Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 16:07
True Tom.
My point is though

If not just you but all of us think about it; are you positive that we have it the right way!

I have had idiots speed up to stop me overtaking. Why not this bloke. I just want to be fair and non-judgemental. Maybe then both sides of forumites will recall the video and not do the wrong thing themselves. Just maybe. Isn't that why we post these things.

Sometimes we are too quick to "pick" the wrong culprit. I wonder in some dash cam road rage posts what the previous video would have shown us. Someone doing something stupid?? You never know.

Phil
FollowupID: 871616

Follow Up By: 9900Eagle - Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 19:38

Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 19:38
No, guy didn't pull over at a bad time, the overtaking person is always responsible for what they do, END OF STORY.

It can be twisted around and around but that the bottom line is. He screwed up and we all do. This is from someone who has seen both sides if the coin more times than he wants to recall.

From Luke O'shea.
Driving home alone on a long dark road in the midnight pour rain
And the wipers sweep to a frantic beat while lightning hits my brain
For over the hill comes a big arse rig whose headlights blind my eyes
And I hear the horn”This is it I’m gone! This is how I’m gonna die

In a flash, in a heart beat , in an instant gone!

To see life go by in the blink of an eye with everything that should have been done

But if sometimes you get lucky, you make it through, you get another chance

This rings many bells for me time and time again.
FollowupID: 871623

Follow Up By: garrycol - Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 13:58

Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 13:58
Exactly - not matter what others may think about drivers driving within the speed limit - it is the overtaking vehicle that has responsibility - particularly on that road which is long and straight and the Jesus Mobile would have been able to see the oncoming truck form the wrong side of the road for miles - the Jesus Mobile was at fault.

Some indicate it is not right for caravaners (and I am not one) to sit below the speed limit holding other people up - same argument can be said for trucks sitting on their speed limited speed below the speed limit. Both are perfectly legal and have every right to drive at their chosen speed - if you dont like it then that is tough.

Get over it.
FollowupID: 871637

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 18:29

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2016 at 18:29
In this thread there has been lots of discussion on the rights and wrongs of speeding to pass, who was in the right, who's fault this was...

But nothing about the poor bloody truck driver with tons of inertia behind him and how he most likely has to put up with this type of crap driving every other day!

Rant over...

Baz - The Landy
AnswerID: 601964

Follow Up By: Steve - Thursday, Jun 30, 2016 at 18:00

Thursday, Jun 30, 2016 at 18:00
Spot on, sir.

As for the rest of it, the guy doing the overtaking is/was a moron. The rest is academic/irrelevant. There is no excuse for his behaviour. Probably the type of bloke who would jump into croc infested water and say he needed to cool off.
FollowupID: 871570

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 10:27

Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 10:27
Ahh but Steve , Being Jesus Racing he would be walking on the water , tip toeing on the backs of the Crocs …..that is after having turned the water into wine ….
FollowupID: 871604

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 13:44

Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 13:44
Jesus Racing to the pub maybe?
FollowupID: 871636

Follow Up By: Paul E6 - Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 22:58

Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 22:58
You guys are hilarious.??
FollowupID: 871646

Follow Up By: Baz - The Landy - Sunday, Jul 03, 2016 at 01:27

Sunday, Jul 03, 2016 at 01:27
Generalising Paul, I was deadly serious...

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
FollowupID: 871648

Follow Up By: Paul E6 - Sunday, Jul 03, 2016 at 08:15

Sunday, Jul 03, 2016 at 08:15
And to the last two post, I'm deadly sarcastic.
FollowupID: 871650

Sponsored Links