Bolwell RV

Submitted: Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 20:18
ThreadID: 133367 Views:5580 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Interested to hear of experiences dealing with Bolwell RV and if they honoured exactly what you ordered at caravan shows with their show deals.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 20:51

Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 20:51
Sorry I know nothing about the RV.....but its an Interesting company - I remember the Bolwell Nagari sports car from the 1970's. Was an interesting collection of parts - using steering from an Austin 1800 and the 302 V8 from Ford:
Link
AnswerID: 604061

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 00:13

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 00:13
Which model are you thinking about?van
This one will be interesting. It is similar to the Avan A-liner which in turn is a copy of an American model. There was a similar model which was a copy of another American van which was so similar that Avan took them to court claiming that they had the sole rights to that design.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 604064

Reply By: JBBK - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 10:09

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 10:09
Thx Phil G & Nomadic Navarra. We ordered the Air, at the last Canberra show. Now Bolwell RV have a different view of what they will deliver on. Keen to know if others have had similar issues with them & how you have resolved it.
AnswerID: 604067

Follow Up By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 10:29

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 10:29
Got it in writing ?
FollowupID: 873741

Follow Up By: Ron N - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 12:25

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 12:25
JBBK - Consumer law is pretty precise about your problem ....

Consumers rights

"A purchased item has a MAJOR problem when it:

* has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
* is unsafe
* is SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT from the SAMPLE or DESCRIPTION
* doesn’t do what (seller) said it would, or what the consumer asked for, and can’t easily be fixed"

Naturally, you will have to provide proof, that the item differs SIGNIFICANTLY from the item shown to you, and the item you signed up for.

There will no doubt be an argument produced by Bolwell, that the difference/s is/are not significant, but only minor changes to the design - and they may argue the changes are an improvement, or a change for safety reasons, or some other strong argument.

You will probably need to be prepared to counter their argument with evidence that the design alterations/changes amount to SIGNIFICANT changes, that make the product unsuitable for your planned use.

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 873745

Follow Up By: JBBK - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 18:21

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 18:21
Thx Scott & Ron. Some is in the contract, some not (but was clearly communicated as their standard practice or stated as included in the 'show deal' that weekend. Problem lies in the departure of the same named marketing director we dealt with. Bolwell RV seems to now be using that (conveniently, we think) to say no, X isn't standard practice or X is not included. One aspect is significant (thx Ron for your note on this) as it will restrict the intended use to on-road.
FollowupID: 873752

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 19:54

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 19:54
Quote "Now Bolwell RV have a different view of what they will deliver on."

I do not understand what you mean. Do you mean that the delivery date has been changed. This is quite common in the caravan industry. They take on more work than they can handle and thus delivery dates shift.

Please explain what is actually happening.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 873756

Follow Up By: Member - Bigfish - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 07:38

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 07:38
Get a solicitor/lawyer and get out of the deal......enough said..
FollowupID: 873769

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 07:23

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 07:23
Looks like a Leopard can't change its spots.

I looked at them about 4 years ago. The promoted as offroad. Then I read about someone who had a problem with the chassis. I think it was even on EO. Bolwell wouldn't cover it because it happened on a dirt road. It was there in the warranty conditions. On road only - despite the marketing. That was enough to turn me off it.

The warranty conditions have now disappeared from their website. Wonder why?
AnswerID: 604087

Sponsored Links