Article Comment: EOTopo Help and FAQ

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 02, 2016 at 18:12
ThreadID: 133547 Views:3313 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Last weekend (24-26 September 2016) we drove to Cashmere Downs south of Sandstone and discovered a road not on your maps. We came in from the east on Cashmere Downs East Road expecting the track to swing SSW at Rising Fast Bore, but there was a much better road heading due west which met the road coming in from Sandstone.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Oct 02, 2016 at 19:00

Sunday, Oct 02, 2016 at 19:00
Hi

Slightly strange its absent, as is shown on Natmap 250K (on which EOTopo is based) as a fenceline. I assume Dave has not bothered to include fencelines (which typically have at least a small track next to them) for one reason or another.

The road (and many others) is obvious on Google Earth, Microsoft Virtual Earth and ArcGIS Satellite. Its also shown on the 250K geology map and the 100K geology map. Moral of story - dont rely on one single map set as none are perfect.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 604846

Follow Up By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Sunday, Oct 02, 2016 at 22:03

Sunday, Oct 02, 2016 at 22:03
Oops, didn't realise this came up as a forum post. Probably should have sent a private message to Michelle & David.
FollowupID: 874644

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2016 at 15:17

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2016 at 15:17
That OK Paul - thanks, I've got this in email from you also but not the attachment so good that it's here in the Forum - only just stumbled across this as I was going to reply to ask if you had recorded the plt file so that we can incorportate this into the next revision for EOTopo. Thanks Paul.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 604918

Sponsored Links