In the right place

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 22:22
ThreadID: 13378 Views:1615 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
After a web search identifying 14 CT makers here in Brisbane, narrowing that down to 6 actually visited seriously, reducing that to two that were of supreme interest. We arrived in the right place at the right time.

The number one choice had just had a CT returned less than 2 months old that frightened the new owner. Wasn't exactly in the configuratuion we wanted but could be made to be so for only another $500.

This unit had not even been put up!!. $1800 price reduction on a $9,800 unit. I saw the origional invoice to the owner and that is what he paid and that matched the price list as well. The rego label hadn't even been attached. Registered on April 6th. it was.

So we said YES. Paid for it today, $8,000, after doing the ownership check.

We must be doing something right. It was only returned Friday not long before I dropped in for another look and we accepted the owners price on Sat Morning. Will collect later this week after a tool box is fitted.

That is a lot of money to drop in less than 8 weeks for an item not even used, both in real terms and in percentage terms.

I suppose it says that you really need to take a lot of time on a purchase like a CT or Van etc.

Anyone want a used Motorcycle Camper Trailer to put behind your big motorbike or tow behind your big rig as a kids camper.? You could motor down the road as a sort of mini B double and really frighten little old ladies.!!

Cheers all.

Magnus

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 23:48

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 23:48
Congratulations Magnus. As a long-time CT owner myself I'm sure you won't regret joining the ranks.

Seems to me a lot of people make rash decisions to buy a CT or CV without ever having tried out either to see if it suits them. My in-laws scored a CT a few years ago that was less than 3 months old and was practically brand new. It even came with a stack of almost new camping gear (table, chairs, stove etc). Basically, a couple had bought the rig and all the gear to tour Oz, but found on their one and only weekend trip away in it that the elderly husband with a bad back found he couldn't manage the set-up or pack-up. Luckily for my inlaws, they ended up taking the CT back to the dealership and trading it in on a CV instead.

:o) Melissa
AnswerID: 61289

Sponsored Links