Thread 134419, revisited

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 11, 2017 at 14:46
ThreadID: 134451 Views:2167 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
After discussions of remote thermometers for car fridges, i tried to replicate what the OP was after with due regards to my 3 evacool remote sensors and he trying to separate the temperatures in either the freezer section and normal section. As mentioned that these have only 1 frequency, 433 Mhz. I have placed my 3 units in my bar/beer/drinks fridge outside under the pergola. 1 unit in the freezer and 2 in the normal section. The unit in the freezer reads about 1 degree, the two units in the normal section read 7 degrees. The normal sections 2 units are about .3 of a degree difference and externally read .1 of a degree difference. The external remote for the unit in the freezer reads .6 degrees difference between the other 2 remotes.
The final extremely scientific result, (also aided by Wild Turkey Antifreeze,) the evacool remote temperatures sensors can be placed fairly close to each other.
Now for the "experts"..........
b1b
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Monday, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:40

Monday, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:40
-
Although all Evakool transmitting thermometers use 433Mhz transmission there is no interaction between units as 'pairing' is performed as part of the setup process. The same applies to other devices using 433Mz. Just as it is possible to find 2 locks accepting the same single key, it is possible but unlikely to find two 433Mhz devices interacting. Manufacturers employ many differing methods for the encoding.
Your "extremely scientific" experiment confirmed the device segregation.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609357

Sponsored Links