Painted Finch

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 25, 2017 at 23:19
ThreadID: 134542 Views:2609 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I,m heading up the Canning Stock Route in July this year, and I was wondering if anyone in the past have seen the Painted Finch anywhere along the Canning. Thanks for any information on them and any sighting of other finches, and bird life that have been seen along it as well.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MIKE.G - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:38

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:38
Hi Raymond. We were on the Canning in 2011 and saw Painted Finches in numbers at Well 9. There is a windmill, trough, yards and cattle there. It must be permanent water as there were hundreds of birds - Zebra Finches, Budgies, Doves, and the Painted Finches. There was a small run off among some trees and scrub where I sat for a while. A great spot. This photo was taken there. The season had been very good and bird life was plentiful all along the track. Thousands of Budgies, Crimson Chats, Wood swallows, Little Button Quail as well as honey eaters. I missed seeing the flock of Princess Parrots that flew over camp so will have to go back sometime. Good luck.

Cheers,

Mike
AnswerID: 609693

Follow Up By: Member - Raymond J - Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 21:39

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 at 21:39
Hello Mike,
Thank you very much for the information, this it what information I'm after as the brother and I are after a good sighting of birds along the track. We will stop off there and see if we can catch a few photos as well, be a good bonus if we can see any Princess parrot as well. We will hope to see a good swam of budgies too.

Thank Ray.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 879601

Sponsored Links