Traveller App

Submitted: Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 07:10
ThreadID: 134586 Views:2132 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have noticed a few times I have areas where the screen says can't find offline maps. One specific area was from Ouyen to Mildura. I have the upgraded mapset. One side of the screen was okay. Swapping to memory maps which uses the exploroz maps and all is fine. Any hints
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: cruza25 - Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 07:46

Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 07:46
Hi terry
Never seen that
I just checked mine and shows maps at full zoom offline Ouyen- Mildura

Are you apple or android

A bit early yet for Michelle but I am sure her or David will get back to you soon

Cheers
Mike
AnswerID: 609875

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 12:02

Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 12:02
Questions like this are tricky to answer without seeing screenshots of your problem. But I've just checked your profile and from what I can see, you don't have the Premium offline mapset - so just using the base offline map? Please send me a screen shot of your Data Manager screen. Plus send me a screen shot of the map screen showing the message you get/problem. send to traveller@exploroz.com
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609881

Follow Up By: terryt - Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 15:31

Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 15:31
I'm on the road so this is a bit problematic. This is from memorý. I had the premium mapset with memory maps. I bought the app on the understanding I could use the premium maps. This was not the case and I had to pay extra to use them. Because this wasn't clear I was given a discount. I can't send a screen shot because the two times it has happened I've been driving. I get white screen with offline maps unavailable repeated evenly across the white bit. Both times the white screen had a straight line border and the other side of the line was normal. Tablet is an Asus a few years old and android.
FollowupID: 879766

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 16:15

Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 16:15
HI Terry,
OK I understand. So, you have purchased the $20 EOTopo Memory-Map conversion to gain a license to download the EOTopo Premium Maps in the Traveller app for free. I did not have access to view that in you profile but have opened another screen and can see that now.

But did you actually download the maps onto your device via the Data Manager?
If you open Data Manager - do you see green ticks alongside the 577K map and any of the 144K maps? (there are 3 - Central, East, West). For the Mildura area you would need the East map downloaded - otherwise when you try to view a map there whilst you are offline you will get the message you have reported.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609889

Follow Up By: terryt - Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 17:42

Monday, Apr 03, 2017 at 17:42
Thanks Michelle. I'll have a fiddle.
FollowupID: 879773

Sponsored Links