Mapping for Mac - Memory Map

Submitted: Friday, Apr 07, 2017 at 06:20
ThreadID: 134616 Views:2479 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I occasionally see people asking about mapping software for the Mac on EO. Obviously there isn't a lot around for Macs.

I saw that Memory Map have released a beta version of their software for the Mac.

Memory Map for Mac

I'm not a Mac user, but I do use the PC, Android and Ipad versions and love it. The PC version is MUCH simpler than oziexplorer and is great for planning trips and looking at maps in detail at home. I get the maps so they run on the PC and tablet / phone.

I guess it will be free like their other platforms, also try the free Austopo 250K map. It is as good or better than most similar paid Australian Maps in a similar scale. Also you can buy Hema Maps, state 25K detail maps, Westprint, marine etc.

Not sure about the Mac version but in the PC version I also imported some scanned paper maps and Ozi format maps. The latter is quite involved though. I got the Rooftop maps this way.

I also get old maps from the library ( scanned or downloaded) of old mining towns, or special features and geo reference them. It's interesting to walk down a street in an old gold mining town with an 1880 moving map on your phone as you go!

I have no idea about the specific features, but if it is as good as the PC version then Mac users should be happy.
Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: 116hynes - Saturday, Apr 08, 2017 at 11:47

Saturday, Apr 08, 2017 at 11:47
Thanks Tony,

Just downloaded to my Mac. Works fine. Just need a Mac version of Oziexplorer (not much chance of that) and the I can get rid of my Windows VM on my Mac.

Cheers, Kevin
AnswerID: 610026

Sponsored Links