Weekly Wombat update

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 12:54
ThreadID: 13485 Views:1416 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
From Club secretary

Milton Oliver provided members with an update at the general meeting on the Community Forest Management saga for the Wombat Forest. Every indication is that this issue is reaching a mutually satisfying conclusion with agreement for representation by the Recreational Users Group. Advice is that this is the outcome sought from the terrific attendance at Dayleford last month and that pursuing the postal vote agreed to at that meeting would not advance the cause.

As a result of this good outcome, members are advised that the planned public meeting at Daylesford on 19th June is now unlikely to occur

Regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: cokeaddict - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 16:49

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 16:49
good news truckster.
Hope they are true to thier word mate !
AnswerID: 61841

Reply By: Joe - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 19:08

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 19:08
Hi Truckster,
Good news!, eveyone getting along to Daylesford and supporting Milton was so valuable. Put him and the other key leaders in the box seat to fight for our rights.
Geat stuff!
Regards
Joe
AnswerID: 61866

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 22:08

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 22:08
Hi Truckster
Excuse my slight sarcasm on this subject, but didn't you make some comment to the contrary about this POTENTIAL outcome.

No problem mate, I guess you repeatedly made a statement that we all feared might happen, but it's not over till it's over and we hope that the cards fall our way.

But I believe the statement is correct, It is due to the terriffic response by all concerned RUG users.
If it turns our way as we hope, then lets start on the Otways and ensure that a
pro-active and sustained front ensures fair access to all.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 61892

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 18:38

Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 18:38
"Excuse my slight sarcasm on this subject, but didn't you make some comment to the contrary about this POTENTIAL outcome. "

I did and still stick with that...

That was a direct post from our club mail out.. Not my wording.

Look at the Otways, they are gone...
FollowupID: 323347

Sponsored Links