Dod ls470w dash cam

Submitted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 23:23
ThreadID: 134941 Views:2560 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Recently purchased this dash cam and am very happy with the quality of video plus features and ease of use but it seems that I can only replay videos through a PC and not an IPad.Have tried the SIM card in the Lightning camera adapter from Apple but the IPad won't recognise the files.Does anyone know if there is a way to download to IPad that I haven't tried?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Zippo - Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 23:54

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 23:54
What is the file type/format? The camera specs should mention this, and it is probably the key as Apple always want to be "different".
AnswerID: 611393

Reply By: Mick O - Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 22:01

Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 22:01
That's a bit odd mate as the file format for the DOD is actually MOV, an apple developed format that should be recognisable by both MPeg4 (windows) and Apple QuickTime player.

"MOV is an MPEG-4 video container and also a common multimedia format using a proprietary compression algorithm developed by Apple Computer. It is mainly used in Apple's Quicktime for saving movies and other video files, compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms." - That part was from google :-)

How old is your Ipoo'd and is it running all the latest versions of Apple QuickTime? Also what resolution do you have the Dod set at? If it's at the upper end, older versions of QT may not be able to cope with the file.

I know that with my older windows PC, I could never get true justice out of a MOV file and had to convert them to a WMV format for windows media player. With the new windows 10 computer, Media player easily runs MOV files. I have the same issue on my early generation Ipoo'd as well.

Just something else to bamboozle us with lol.

Oh and by the way, the Dod came up trumps in Choice's recent review of Dash cams. Not cheap but blitzed the field. I'll be looking at one myself soon enough.

Cheers

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 611421

Follow Up By: The Rambler( W.A.) - Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 22:54

Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 22:54
Mick,
Thank you for your informative reply which might help me to sort out the problem.Yes my IPad is fairly old and must admit have not been updating it.Also not sure what resolution I have the Cam set at so your information gives me a lot to try and sort out.Thanks again.
FollowupID: 881522

Sponsored Links