Jellabinna Rocks

Submitted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 16:48
ThreadID: 134965 Views:2609 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Further to Thread 134074 on the same subject.
Using both Google and Bing maps I think I have worked out a track to Jellabinna Rocks starting just north of Goog's Lake on Goog's Track. The track is about 100 kilometres from Goog's Track to Jellabinna Rocks and there are lots of sand dunes. I am told that this is a womens special place and there is no prohibition or permit reqiired to go there. I will double check this when in Ceduna before we go there in October but if anyone knows about this if they could let me know. I believe that there is a track going north from Jellabinna Rocks to the railway line possibly coming out at Wynbring. I am inclined to try and find this track, or any track that goes to the railway line. Again if anyone has any information on this track I would very happy to hear it.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 17:18

Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 17:18
I've traced tracks to Jellabinna rocks then about 40km NW North of the rocks, it looks very narrow or nonexistent in places. The whole area is criss crossed by old mining tracks and abandoned wells. It looks like they haven't been used for 50 years. The track stops 22km south of Mt Christie and if it kept going it looks like it would end up somewhere near there.

Parks don't encourage travel to the rocks.
AnswerID: 611471

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 18:32

Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 18:32
Hi Chris

Have you had a chat with my mate from Ceduna?

No one knows that country like Murray and no one else knows that area else over on the west coast.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 611472

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 19:17

Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 19:17
Thanks Stephen, I was intending to quiz a few of the locals at the Transcontinental Railway Centenary and if Murry is not there I will endevour to get him in Ceduna.

Cheers,
Chris
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 881513

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 19:51

Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 19:51
Hi Chris

We are heading over to Ceduna before the event and will be going with Murray and Margaret and he is showing me a few things along the way.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 881517

Sponsored Links