Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff 150 - Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 09:51

Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 09:51
Was there in October 2015 with an Ultimate camper and no problems. I think an off road van should be fine.
AnswerID: 616808

Reply By: Member - DingoBlue(WA) - Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 10:56

Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 10:56
There last year with c/t up to the top. Should have no problems if you have a good tug.
Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 616811

Reply By: Dean K3 - Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 15:21

Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 15:21
Maybe just my observations during school holidays sept/oct 2016 that sways my opinion somewhat.

Track gets very boggy and rutted due to people not deflating tyres sufficently to allow for conditions. Or you get the localsdoign 80kmph flat out through the severly rutted sections almost airbourne gving the toddlers in back seat one hellva bash n crash (hate to think what thier necks were like afterwards)

Observed one diesel powered rodeo/colarado struggling to get throguh with a 6x4 lightly loaded with a canoe on top.

So in my opinion I wouldn't be doing it as it simply put too much strain on engine geartrain and track.

Three things I would strongly recommend:

Headlights ON

Minesite flag many corners are blind with trees so no vision is given you might not see the vehcile but a flag 2 m above roof is generally visible

UHF CB on scan mode - The track should have a dedicated track channel but doesn't and I pciked up at least 3 different track using groups whilst out n about if I knew they were near my location I would call them advise of my presence and direction of travel etc.
AnswerID: 616815

Reply By: Member - w B (WA) - Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 19:51

Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 19:51
Facilities and road has been upgraded in 2017.
The road has been realigned and some of the road straightened up.
I drove there several times in Sept 2017.
Several Campervans and some Caravans were camped there.
I don't think you would have any trouble but a call to the Ranger beforehand would give you the latest info.
Nugget

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 616827

Sponsored Links