EOTopo Help & FAQ

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 22, 2018 at 15:31
ThreadID: 136306 Views:2502 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We wish to point out that we have a very detailed Help & FAQ that covers 99% of all the questions that are repeatedly asked. This is found on the EOTopo page here

Note that the website contains information in logical page areas - simply press the word MENU at the top left of the site to see all the different information areas.

The EOTopo information is all on one page and includes a link to buy from the shop.

I did do a thorough check of this information yesterday and made some updates to bring it up to spec for the 2018 EOTopo product release.

NOTE: in this release a few subtle things have changed to how we previously sold EOTopo 200K. The changes are:

1. we do not have a service for you to purchase the map files on an SD card or USB. The only way to purchase EOTopo raster files is by downloading.
2. we do not provide a single Australia map in OZF4 in the 144K scale due to technical limitations with this format and the size of the file. You can use the ECW Australia 144K file or download the 6 state sheets at 144K scale in OZF format.

Hope you find this helpful.
It is proving a very popular product and we thank you for your support.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Muncey 72 - Monday, Feb 26, 2018 at 16:22

Monday, Feb 26, 2018 at 16:22
Please note there is a section on EOTopo History and EOTopo Updates - this will answer your questions of "what has changed".
AnswerID: 617203

Reply By: Member - Hugh D - Sunday, Mar 04, 2018 at 15:55

Sunday, Mar 04, 2018 at 15:55
Michelle,
I think I may have missed something. When I downloaded the ozf and ecw files, they had .crdownload appended. As a result the MAP file points to a non-existent file. I tried simply removing the .crdownload, but Oziexplorer could not load the map (full PC version). Can you advise?
Thanks,
Hugh
AnswerID: 617364

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 06, 2018 at 11:24

Tuesday, Mar 06, 2018 at 11:24
the crdownload appended just means the files have not completed downloading - you'll need to go back online and complete the downloads.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 889019

Sponsored Links