Blog Comment: To Be or Not To Be a Knucklehead – Good Campfire Etiquette

Very well presented & explained ; For travellers to have the interest and ability to get to these places one would think that they have had many campfires previously. Thank you for alerting everybody to this issue, However I think those that require your instruction may not be on a forum like this. Many thanks : Snowy 1959:
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 17 South - Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 08:34

Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 08:34
Thanks Snowy,
I agree they indeed maybe elsewhere, but it's going to take people like us to remind our less attuned brethren that this amazing country needs to be nurtured, looked after and treated with respect -
Wildling from the North

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 617708

Reply By: Ron N - Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:27

Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:27
17 South - One of the problems with your campfire advice post, is that knuckleheads who need to be educated in basic civility and etiquette, will never even see or read your post or advice.

Their life skills are deficient at every level, including reading and education.

These are the same people you see everywhere who flick ciggy butts on the ground when there's a bin 2M away - who smoke upwind of non-smoking areas or non-smokers - who go to the beach and just walk away from their piles of rubbish (usually right after they smashed all the glass bottles they brought) - who roar through campsites, parking areas, and heavily populated spots at breakneck speed, putting lives at risk, raising enormous amounts of dust, and generally annoying everyone around.

They're the ones who ride trailbikes or monkey bikes at breakneck speed near populated areas, annoying everyone with constant noise and dust.

They're the ones who wreck every 4WD trail - who rip up wooden signs so they can build a fire that would gain the attention of any fire service spotter - who use their 4WD's as assault vehicles to force others off the track as they demand priority on the road.

These people are basically sociopaths, and they're the reason the rest of us have to endure myriads of civil behaviour laws - that they inevitably ignore, anyway.

Thanks anyway, for the educational post - it may help some keen youngsters who are prepared to learn how to do the right thing - but it will never have any impact on the knuckleheads of society.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 617710

Follow Up By: Member - David M (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 14:36

Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 14:36
Jeez Ron. Don't know if I would want to sit around the camp fire with you after that tirade. :)
Dave.
FollowupID: 889481

Sponsored Links