Cryovacing Butcher in Broome

Submitted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 at 17:57
ThreadID: 136651 Views:2394 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
Does anyone know which butcher in Broome provides a cryovacing service.
Thanks,
Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mike39 - Saturday, May 05, 2018 at 19:23

Saturday, May 05, 2018 at 19:23
The butcher in the shopping centre past the airport (Woolies) will do it for you.
Good meat there at a decent price also.
mike
AnswerID: 618692

Reply By: Ron N - Saturday, May 05, 2018 at 21:10

Saturday, May 05, 2018 at 21:10
Cruiser91 - The Tenderspot Meat Company, located at Unit 3, 31 Clementson St., in the industrial area of Broome, provides excellent meats at good prices, and they will also cryovac your meat for you.

You will always find a regular lineup of campers, travellers and 4WD'ers in there, getting their meat supplies.

They've got a wide range of products from crocodile sausages, to Angus beef, Linley Valley pork, and Mt Barker chicken - and they also sell a range of great seafood.

They also do meat "packs" to suit budget buyers, groups, and special lines.

They're not real easy to find, they operate out of a rear factory unit and the only prominent signage is a sandwich board out on the kerb.
There's a laundry mob in the front factory unit - but no indicator on the building that there's a butcher there.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 618693

Follow Up By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 08:33

Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 08:33
Great business and great service, just a tad hard to find
FollowupID: 890761

Reply By: Crusier 91 - Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 08:40

Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 08:40
Many thanks to everyone. Life saver's to say the least.
My 40L Waeco isn't coping as a freezer in the back of the Tvan when on the road.
Thanks again
Steve
AnswerID: 618697

Follow Up By: RMD - Tuesday, May 08, 2018 at 10:52

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 at 10:52
Cruiser 91
I used to have a Tvan for 10 years and know how hot they get inside the rear.
Having a fridge in there as the Tvan mob suggest, is ok in cool weather but not in hot weather. The fridge, especially when running as a freezer, simply stews in it's own hot air and the Tvan inside temp does not allow for the condenser to be cooled by the Waeco fan which is minimal in airflow anyway.
I have a slightly smaller Waeco and decided never to use it in the Tvan. It sits behind the drivers seat and is heavily insulated with additional insulation panels other than the, pretty useless, proprietary bag they supply.
I often have an old sleeping bag over it and also use a reflective poly sheet over it. It runs at more than -10C in daytime central OZ and will get down to -18c if needed to. Most times there is no need to cryovac if the freezer actually works.
The fridge/freezer has an additonal fan 80 ma draw of current which turns on when the internal fan runs and that external fan supplies cooler ambient air to the internal fan so the fridge can work properly.
Overall amp consumption is reduced too. Your fridge must be working full time and using plenty of power each day and that will not change with cryovac food at the temps the fridge is working in.
Cheers
RMD
PS,
FollowupID: 890823

Follow Up By: Crusier 91 - Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 15:19

Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 15:19
Thanks RMD,
No choice but to keep the 40L in the back of the Tvan. Turned it into a beer fridge holding 30 can perfectly and a loaf of bread in the other section. This actually works better for me and keeps the beer cold still.
Funny how things work out for the better when you think you're in the S%$T.
FollowupID: 890896

Reply By: Dean K3 - Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 21:29

Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 21:29
Might sound bit crazy but in long run wouldn't urchasing a vacum pack unit be a cheaper option bets thing I ever did was haul SWMBO unit with me on my 3+ month kimberly & return trip back in 2014

When you know you need meat I only got enough for 1 or 2 weeks tops get a powered or use the camper kicthen and start sealing away -might savea few $$ in long run as butchers will pass on cost of plastic bags rolls they use
AnswerID: 619038

Sponsored Links