rear seats in an Isuzu M UX

Submitted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 13:25
ThreadID: 136675 Views:2667 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
can you take the very rear seats out of an M UX to make more room for long trips? We have a 2017 model and wanted to know how hard it is to do this, or to do it at all?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 14:41

Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 14:41
Hi Julie, yes you can it's just a matter of removing the securing bolts. I haven't done it on mine yet as I've had no need. The Isuzu forum (http://www.ozisuzu.com.au/) has lots of info and there are photos of what owners have done in the back of theirs, including false floors, drawers, fridge setups, etc.

Cheers

Dunc

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 618785

Follow Up By: Julie S2 - Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 17:22

Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 17:22
thanks for this, my husband wanted to see if it was possible. He is pretty handy and does this stuff, but I thought this is the best site with so much knowledge and asking is always so helpful. Thanks again
FollowupID: 890899

Follow Up By: Shaker - Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 19:49

Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 19:49
The rules in Queensland about third row seat removal are as clear as mud in a beer bottle & very much dependent on interpretation, not sure about other States.

Queensland Transport's policy in relation to this matter is as follows:
· For vehicles fitted with quick release seating attachments as original equipment, temporary removal of the seats is acceptable. A Modification Plate does not need to be fitted. This is commonly the case for four wheel drives and people movers.
· For vehicles fitted with bolt in seating structures, no approval by an Approved Person is necessary for the temporary removal of seats, provided the category of the vehicle does not change as a result of the seating reduction.
· Vehicles with the permanent removal of seating structures must be approved by an Approved Person and a Modification Plate must be fitted for the reduction in seating capacity. In this circumstance, any change in vehicle category must also be taken into consideration prior to the fitting of the Modification Plate. The vehicle operator's insurance company and Queensland Transport should be advised of relative changes to the vehicle.
NOTE: For the purposes of this policy, "permanent" means the seats are
removed for an indefinite period or not expected to be refitted.

The vehicle modifier/operator is responsible for ensuring that the safety of the vehicle is maintained and that all seats, when being re-installed, are re-installed in accordance with relevant standards and recognised automotive practice.
At the time of a Safety Certificate inspection, the vehicle must be returned to the manufacturer's original seating configuration or have a Modification Plate fitted for the seating configuration as presented.
Queensland Transport will mutually recognise interstate drivers travelling in Queensland who comply with their own jurisdiction's requirements. These drivers are advised to carry some proof of this compliance.

During the course of an inspection, where Transport Inspectors encounter the above mentioned applicable motor vehicles with seats removed, they are to:
· Ensure that the vehicle complies with all requirements for permanent or temporary seat removal as stated above.
· Issue a Defect Notice if the removal of seats does not comply with the requirements stated above.

During the course of an inspection, where Queensland Police encounter the above mentioned applicable motor vehicles with seats removed, they are to:
· Ensure that the vehicle complies with all requirements for permanent or temporary seat removal as stated above.
· Issue a Defect Notice if the removal of seats does not comply with the requirements stated above.

FollowupID: 890901

Follow Up By: GREG T11 - Friday, May 11, 2018 at 19:33

Friday, May 11, 2018 at 19:33
I have always wondered what the 20,000 extra public servants have to fill in their time since the Newman era.

Thanks Shaker now I know.
FollowupID: 890916

Follow Up By: Shaker - Friday, May 11, 2018 at 22:49

Friday, May 11, 2018 at 22:49
Ha ha, & that’s only one State!
FollowupID: 890928

Reply By: Sigmund - Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 12:48

Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 12:48
And you can stuff the seat belts back into the slots they emerge from.

Keep the mount bolts separate and labelled. They're non-standard.
AnswerID: 618860

Sponsored Links