ExplorOz Traveller, Membership & Maps - FAQ

I get emails, calls, and Live Chat daily about these issues which is great, but I thought I should quickly pop these answers into a Forum post to help people find the answers themselves if they happen to be reading here...

Q: If I'm going to buy the ExplorOz Traveller App does it matter in what order I buy the maps, or app or Membership?
A: If you are not a Member then you should buy the app first and then buy your Membership so you get the $20 discount. There is no discount for Members in buying either the app or the maps as they are a fixed price for all.

Q: I just bought the app but it won't login when I try to register.
A: If you already have an ExplorOz account then the Register option will fail. You need to use the Log in option instead which asks for your email address and password. If you don't know your password, simply go to ExplorOz website and recover your password there.

Q: I need to buy a new device and want to put your ExplorOz Traveller app onto it - which device do you recommend?
A: We don't - its your personal choice but if buying an iPad consider that the app needs GPS so you'll need to either buy the model with inbuilt GPS (the Wifi with Cellular), OR by the Wifi only model and then you'll need to buy an external bluetooth GPS. If you're buying Android - you can store the map files on the SD card, so internal storage isn't a buying factor. If you choose to use the app on Windows - note that the app is only available for Windows 10 devices and even if you have an external GPS you will need to refer to special instructions relating to the setup. See FAQ on the ExplorOz Traveller Page

Q: What is the best resolution 4x4 map that you offer?
A: You can use EOTopo at 18K either through the ExplorOz Traveller app or through our website - but only when you have Wifi or mobile data service. The Premium offline maps are whole of Australia at 144K.

Q: How do I get the maps onto my device?
A: After installing the app there is a step-by-step guided installation help file. First you'll be prompted to log in with your existing ExplorOz account (your email address and your password). This will check if you have purchased an EOTopo map license and if so, your account will show a green tick for Premium Offline Maps license. In the app, you then press the button for "Data Manager" where you'll see download buttons. This is how you install the maps.

Q: How do I get the maps onto my other devices?
A: For any other devices just do the same as above. Note that you cannot transfer files between device by moving SD cards etc.

Q: I am a Member - what does that give me with your app?
A: When you log into the app you will be able to use the Track Logging feature which will track your movements and send them to your Member profile page as a tracking log in the EOTrackMe section. Your family/friends can then check your trip progress. By default this page is locked and requires a password to view your tracking. From your Member page you can then Save or Clear your tracking log according to your needs. When saving you can download it as a GPX file, or embed a map showing your route into your ExplorOz Blogs. Without Membership, there is no access to this feature.

Hope this info helps. Please ask any questions here I"m happy to answer.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: mountainman - Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 18:04

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 18:04
So from what ive read..
If i get the exploroz app on my samsung phone and somehow delete the gps app already on my phone becauss its crap.
This exploroz works even better than a hema gps yet i can use it on my phone. ?

Other thing is if i break the screen on my phone or it gets stolen or even update the phone, i have to repurchase the whole lot for my new phone ?

My friend went out with a guy on some bush tracks and said the gps he had was woeful as he couldnt check if he took a certain turn on a track...
Where would it come out ?
The gps didnt have this ability to give future track position.... as to where the next bit of section ends up... in the overal scheme of things
Cheers
AnswerID: 619099

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 11:31

Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 11:31
Hi Mountainman,
If you replace a phone, you just go back to the app store and you can download the app again without paying - as the store recognises your purchase and we allow downloads to multiple devices. With the maps, these are managed by your ExplorOz login, so if you had to get a new device you'd just log in again and have access to the map server to download the map files again - no repayment required.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 891315

Sponsored Links