inawise tyre pressure monitor

Submitted: Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:07
ThreadID: 136861 Views:4424 Replies:7 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Inawise seems to have closed down. I have one of their TPMS-201-6-V3 TPMS systems that needs new transmitters. Does anybody know of a company that now sells these items?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 14:23

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 14:23
Sadly Trevor, Inawise have suspended trading, although they still maintain their website maybe with an expectation to resume.

I was in contact with the owners representative in October 2017 who confirmed that they were unable to supply "at this time".

I have not been able to find any current reseller of their products.

It doesn't look good I'm afraid.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 619665

Follow Up By: Trevor - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 15:18

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 15:18
Thanks for the response Alan. I had come to that conclusion.
Pity though, it is(was) a great unit. Saved me two tyres.
I guess I will have to now do an investigation for a replacement system.
I need a system with 8 internal monitors,( vehicle & spare and camper with spare), that allows for easy tyre rotation.
Some of the systems only allow for the sensors to be in one specific place so that the display is oriented correctly.

Trevor
FollowupID: 891950

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 15:33

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 15:33
Trevor

If you are looking for an alternative this is what I use.

Doran 360 Review

I have had them on the vehicle for almost 5 years and the original transmitters are still going strong, both on vehicle and camper trailer.

I have used under all conditions, including complete off-track desert and dune work.

No hesitation in recommending them.

Cheers, Baz - Thae Landy
AnswerID: 619666

Follow Up By: CSeaJay - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 16:15

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 16:15
Baz
One feature I loved with the Inawise system (why I chose it when I did) was the ease of resetting tire pressures.
After airing all tires up or down for sand or gravel, it was two small steps to reset all the pressures to all 8 tires. (I know of other units where you have to reset the pressure one tire at a time)
Can you please advise what are the steps you physically have to follow after airing down all tires?
Cheers
FollowupID: 891951

Follow Up By: Baz - The Landy - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 16:55

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 16:55
Hi CSeaJay

The Doran 360 requires each individual tyre to be reset separately on the monitor, noting that will take about 30 seconds if you dawdle…

But to keep some context, airing down tyres is what takes time, not resetting a tyre pressure monitor.

I inflate tyres according to the manufacturer’s specification, Toyo in my case, which means I run different pressures for the front and rear tyres on the vehicle, and different pressures on the TVAN we tow.

Whilst the Inawise system might save you a few seconds here and there due to the ability to reset all pressures at once, that would only work if you were running all tyres at the same pressures - axle loading on (most) 4WD touring vehicles would usually mean different pressures between front and rear.

So perhaps the ability to have a system that resets all pressures at once looks like a good feature, in practice would you use it if inflating tyres in the way the manufacturer recommends?

Cheers, Baz – The Landy
FollowupID: 891952

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 17:32

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 17:32
There is at least one system (but I can't remember which) that resets simply by changing the inflation then driving until all tyres have logged (a few minutes) then pressing the reset button and the new logged pressures become the base pressure for each tyre. Now that is the sensible way to design it.

Does anyone know which brand does that?

Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 891953

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 20:46

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 20:46
Sounds like the inawise, change pressures press reset and drive.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 891956

Follow Up By: CSeaJay - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 21:37

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 21:37
Thanks Baz, you answered the question well.
Even though it is now history, the Innawise system did not reset all 8 tires to a single pressure; it allowed you to set your pressures (in my case I run different pressures on each of my three axles) on the individual tires and with the hit of a button it accepts the current pressures as the new “set” value. Brilliant, and have not come across another system doing this.
Yes airing takes time, so does the resetting, and combined it takes even more...
FollowupID: 891958

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 17:13

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 17:13
I had the Inawíse as well and after 5 years required new senders as the batteries were flat.
They were not able to supply them but even if they did the price per sender adds up to not much less than a whole new kit.
I was very happy with the unit but have binned it now and will get another kit .

AnswerID: 619667

Reply By: bellony - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 22:58

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 22:58
I have 2 Inawise systems and will be in the same situation as you one day. After the demise of Inawise the following site was mentioned in a post somewhere as being the manufacturer of inawise products, so I bookmarked it so I could follow up one day. Have not had to yet. Not sure if they will talk to the inawise dash unit but can see the similarity so it might be worth following up.

Look familiar
AnswerID: 619677

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 23:22

Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 23:22
That's interesting Bellony. They are clearly the manufacturers of the Inawise products. But probably not possible to purchase small quantities from them.
With a bit of luck, Inawise will Rise From the Ashes or someone else will take up the distribution of their products.

On the issue of compatibility there may be problems. I have the TPMS-4WD model and when the sensor batteries were at their end I found that they had been superseded and the new model 4WD sensors were not compatible. I was forced to purchase a complete new-model 4WD, sensors plus receiver. Then alas, the new model high pressure alarm is set unchangeably at 50psi. My Troopy, fully loaded, runs the rears at 45psi and with heated pressure rises to just over the 50psi alarm point. Makes the system virtually unusable for me.

So just because the sensors look the same, they may not be.

Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 891964

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:06

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:06
I agree they appear to be the manufacture, I read somewhere that Inawise were having trouble trying to obtain units as the manufacturer deemed the quantities that Inawise were purchasing to be to small for them to continue a relationship.

Inawise have apparently also passed on the names of some Australian companies that might be interested in dealing with the manufacturer but nothing seems to have eventuated.

I have also tried to make contact with the company concerned but they don't respond:(

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 891967

Reply By: Buzzo - Thursday, Jun 21, 2018 at 06:43

Thursday, Jun 21, 2018 at 06:43
Hi. I know this is not helping your search for replacement sensors but another brand that maybe worth a look is PressurePro. I like the fact that to change sensor pressures you only have to take the sensor off for a minute and refit. Perfect for airing up or down. I ended up with the Doran 360 RV ( thanks for the review Baz ) and like it. I run low pressures in sand ( 12-14 lb) and ended up not worrying about resetting and just turned off the audible alarm. I can still see the pressures and it would still alarm for a fast leak.
AnswerID: 619715

Reply By: Ron O2 - Tuesday, Jun 26, 2018 at 20:07

Tuesday, Jun 26, 2018 at 20:07
We have an inawise TPMS which is only about 18 months old. It is just for the camper tyres as we have a built in system for the Ranger. It has worked perfectly til now. Had the tub removed and a custom canopy installed and they moved the aerial. I've relocated it to a good spot but still not working. With no one to assist with trouble shooting I'm not sure what to do.
AnswerID: 619803

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Tuesday, Jun 26, 2018 at 20:23

Tuesday, Jun 26, 2018 at 20:23
Hi Ron,

After Inawise ceased business, I managed to contact the owners in October of last year. When I again emailed them a couple of weeks ago I received no response. So I would not believe that you will have any success in that direction.

I suggest that you carefully inspect the whole length of the antenna cables for damage. A proficient person may have success in repairing them.

Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 892135

Reply By: Member - Chris P5 - Friday, Jul 06, 2018 at 16:06

Friday, Jul 06, 2018 at 16:06
Trevor, I was in the same position last August, searched the internet and found a supply in Holland for the 201-6T kit. It was on special €125. I have just checked and the kit is still available if you are that keen on the product, the catch is, it is now €225. You may be able to cut the VAT. The company is Digitire.nl contact Rob Hartland.
I have been happy with the product, shame it is not available here anymore.
Chris.P
AnswerID: 619984

Sponsored Links