Australian 4WD Hire.. news article.

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 07:37
ThreadID: 136870 Views:4177 Replies:7 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-19/gold-coast-businessman-ripping-off-tourists-in-4wd-scam/9878452

I think this came up a few weeks back.. cant find the original thread. Interesting read. What a scumbag.
Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Winner W - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 07:54

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 07:54
20 minutes before this thread is deleted due to legal threats made by Australian 4wd hire.......
AnswerID: 619678

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 09:55

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 09:55
Well it is now a matter of Public Record!

Interesting to see if they have the 'balls' to sue the Parliament or the Parliamentarian who tabled it - Parliamentary Privilege is a powerful thing.

No need to delete the post because if it discusses the newspaper article.

Cheers

Anthony
FollowupID: 891966

Reply By: Ron N - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:25

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:25
A wife beater, and he's had his firearms licence removed from him because of the wide range of criminal and traffic offences recorded against him - yet he appeals against the decision, and applies for a concealable firearms licence??

Sounds like a real nice bloke, and one I'd enjoy having for a neighbour! - not!

Anyone who has an overwhelming desire to carry a concealable firearm has some serious pyschological issues, and obviously thinks he has a lot of enemies.

I don't think Australian 4WD Hire is going to make top of my list for a car hire favourite.

Original thread about this shady operator appears to have been deleted - but the Google Web Cache is right here .....

Australian 4WD Hire - company charges us $5000 for driving too fast?

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 619679

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 13:05

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 13:05
May his future be brief and his ability to take in oxygen even briefer...
AnswerID: 619681

Follow Up By: Member - gujimbo - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 21:24

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 21:24
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Foul Language Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 891984

Reply By: Winner W - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 17:07

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 17:07
I recently read their Facebook page reviews and its actually soo obvious how there are only people that for some weird reason specifically mention how good this and that was . The comments are looking suspect describing in detail how friendly and non stingy and and this company is. Very slick propaganda machine from this mob. It actually sounds like they are a bunch of saints helping people to keep their money.
AnswerID: 619687

Reply By: oldfart1953 - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 17:33

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 17:33
Low life ....oxygen thief
AnswerID: 619688

Reply By: Ron N - Saturday, Jul 07, 2018 at 10:45

Saturday, Jul 07, 2018 at 10:45
The ACCC is now going to investigate this blokes car hire operation, and modus operandi - hopefully resulting in some major exposure, and possibly, suitable penalties.

ABC News - 4WD hire company to be investigated by ACCC

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 620016

Follow Up By: Candace S. - Sunday, Jul 08, 2018 at 00:30

Sunday, Jul 08, 2018 at 00:30
Ron, thanks for the link, it's great reading...

Well, well! We finally get to see the actual Driver Behaviour Report for the Israeli tourists who posted here! No wonder he/she didn't share it here, LOL.

Interesting that this outfit allows people to drive up to the speed limit on sealed roads. Britz limits their vehicles to 110 kmh. During my recent trip, I got passed a lot on the highway, LOL.

This outfit may be aggressive in enforcement. But a careful reading of this article simply reinforces my view: The hirers couldn't be bothered to read the T&C. Or if they did read it, didn't take it seriously.

I suspect many of the customers who are complaining, would have lost part or all of their bond if they had instead hired from Britz, Apollo, etc. Because most of this outfit's rules are standard across the industry. As is the GPS tracking.

The thread is now deleted, but in the past I had mentioned this outfit and their T&C. Which I read in full before I even considered a booking. I'm tentatively planning another outback trip next year, and looking at an Apollo vehicle. I've printed out their T&C, so I can read it carefully and highlight anything of interest.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for someone who got a bill after bogging their hire vehicle below the tide line?! (Also, what "gazetted road" runs below the tide line?)

All JMHO, from another overseas visitor... ;-)
FollowupID: 892356

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Jul 08, 2018 at 11:35

Sunday, Jul 08, 2018 at 11:35
Candace - We have a local saying, that when you're in a hurry on the highway, and flooring it - the only people who regularly pass you, are P-platers and hire cars!

I have to agree that many of these 4WD hirers have failed to read the fine print - as many people do.
I would also have to offer an opinion that a few of the complainants have probably been quite aggressive in their hire car operation and their treatment of the hired 4WD has bordered on carelessness.

However - nothing gets away from the fact that Roesch is an aggressive individual, with a propensity to immediately resort to threats of lawsuits to solve disputes.

The hire agreement requirement to not post any negative feedback on the company is thuggish, and unenforceable, and a business practice that is not indulged in by any reasonable business owner.

The mans history of domestic violence, assault charges, jail sentence (he was sentenced to 18 mths jail, but immediately released on parole) - and the determination of the QLD Civil and Administrative Tribunal President, that "he (Roesch) was not a fit person to hold a firearms licence, due to his history of assault charges and traffic offences, which demonstrates irresponsible and antisocial conduct, indicating that he is a risk to public safety" - all indicate a person who has some major problems in dealing with others, and in dealing with disputes in a cordial and business-like manner.

As to the "gazetted road below the tide line"? Yes there are such roads, although they are low in number.
The Yardie Creek-Ningaloo Road is one that comes to mind immediately - and the Yardie Creek crossing has been the site of numerous 4WD vehicle losses, due to unintended submersion.

Cheers, Ron.

AnswerID: 620037

Sponsored Links