Fire Bans and Park Fees Questions

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 27, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1369 Views:1673 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

I am a newbie when it comes to 4WD and tours. But was wondering if there is a website that has Fire Bans across NSW or Australia, or do I have to ring the local Fire Service in the state??

Also park fees, is it a fact that just having, for instance, the NSW Parks and Wildlife (ALL PARKS) pass, I may still have to pay to go beach driving in cretain Stockton Beach ???

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: skippyking - Saturday, Jun 29, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Jun 29, 2002 at 00:00
G'day Dave, as fire bans go, the local radio station for the area SHOULD be broadcasting that fire bans are in force for the day. The ABC is usually reliable in this regard, just make sure it is the local ABC station. You can't rely on the city based stations to broadcast fire bans for country areas, even if their signal is out there. Frankly, they don't care what goes on in the bush. As for a website, I don't know, but as bans are put in place and reviewed hour by hour, and can be put on at any time, if you are out 4wheeling the internet may not be nearby. When fire bans are in force the Fire Services are usually on high alert and very busy, they would probably appreciate it if you didn't ring them (if you think you need to find out it is probably too dangerous to light a fire, so err on the side of caution) but ring the Shire office of the area you are in (if it's a weekday) As I am in WA I wouldn't know if you have in NSW, a hotline for recorded info on the current status. Check in your phone book. But generally, use common sense. Use an area clear of flammable material for the firesite. And make sure the fire is out when you leave. Even if you can feel no heat, or see no smoke, pour water all over the ashes and you may be surprised at the hissing and steam you get. Always pour on water. Grant
AnswerID: 4507

Reply By: Michelle - ExplorOz - Thursday, Jul 04, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jul 04, 2002 at 00:00
Dave - here's the url for the NSW fire bans
However, you will find signs stating the current restriction on entering the NP/conservation parks. Fire bans are generally only during summer and in some areas in both NSW and Vic you will see signs stating the exact dates. In some areas where fires are banned, the NP will provide electric bbqs. Regarding NP passes, in most states you still have to pay for camping, as the pass is for entry. Yes, you still need to pay for the separate Stockton Beach pass.
AnswerID: 4623

Reply By: Dave - Thursday, Jul 04, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jul 04, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks for the replies guys.

AnswerID: 4654

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)