Camper trailer

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 01, 2018 at 18:24
ThreadID: 136920 Views:2526 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Advice please
Looking for a camper trailer for family if 3. Not campers, older generation but want to give our 7 year old some memories of camping, sorry glamping, tight budget under $10k, only required for 1-3 night trips, not off road, quick set up & take down. Fully enclosed annex for comfort. Unlikely to ever use in rain & cold! Fair weather outdoor types. Live in Victor Harbor SA so plenty of places to explore locally. Happy to buy good quality used. If all goes badly need something that won’t be difficult to sell (which everything is in SA) look forward to opinions from all that have tried this lifestyle!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, Jul 02, 2018 at 06:18

Monday, Jul 02, 2018 at 06:18
If you are not campers, and you would rather cook inside, an older Jayco Dove or similar may be better for you. So it gives you the camper size folded up and caravan features such as indoor kitchen and lounge and table for 4. I've owned two these and I can highly recommend them. Just watch for canvas age and fit, they can shrink and fade due to being set up for long periods of time. Not my ones personally, but it is a problem with canvas generally. Michael.
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 619897

Reply By: Kumunara (NT) - Monday, Jul 02, 2018 at 14:32

Monday, Jul 02, 2018 at 14:32
I have a Cameron Campers Camper Trailer which is excellent. If you contact Cameron Campers in Lonsdale SA they do have second hand camper trailers for sale. They are very easy to set up.That is if you want a good quality Australian made product.

If you don't require quality you could buy a cheap Chinese made camper trailer. On eBay you would find one for under $10k. You should realise however that if you take it over corrugations it will not last very long.

Another suggestion would be hire before you buy. If you are only going to use it on limited occasions hiring could be the most affordable option.
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 619906

Reply By: Sigmund - Wednesday, Jul 04, 2018 at 09:05

Wednesday, Jul 04, 2018 at 09:05
There's a heap of design options.

A good way to get across some of them is to go to one of the meets of http://www.campertrailers.org/
Owners are happy to talk about what works and doesn't for them.

And hiring is a very good suggestion. You have to work out and test a scale of values - what you can live with, what you can't. Some things will give you the sh*ts but you won't find out without experience. (For me that's been canvas flapping in the wind overnight. You don't get to choose the weather if you're out for 3 days and sometimes not even for 1).
AnswerID: 619938

Sponsored Links