ExplorOz Traveller - Update V3.5 Released today

Hi folks, we are thrilled to advise that we've just completed an app update that will start hitting the stores today (Playstore available now, App store & Windows take a few more days usually).

There are quite a few new things added to the app - most of which came from suggestions from current app users so we know you'll love to see these are now available.

As usual, the update is free and if you have allowed your store to auto-update apps you'll probably get the update automatically overnight. Otherwise just go into your app list and press Update. Please note - we've jumped from V3.1 to V3.5 - just a naming thing, there was no 3.2 or 3.3 or 3.4 in between.

Also note that if you are still using a very old Android device with anything less than Android 4.4, you'll not be be able to get this update but V3.1 will run successfully on your device for a while yet.

In the updated version, you'll find:-

1) Snail Trail data now added to Track Logging Position upload - this is an automated data system that you won't necessarily see, but enables us to provide the new Positions Manager feature...

2) Positions Manager

This is a new system to allow extraction of all position data that has been stored to your device (snail trail & track logging). To extract these positions, you simply select a date range and the app will create User Treks from all positions it finds. It's a retrospective data extraction so you can build User Treks from past trip data you may not have thought to save. Includes in-app controls to view/download User Treks.

3) Tracking Map on app home screen - for Members with track logging, if you're online and open the app, the home screen will show your active tracking map (previously you needed to click the View Live Tracking button which opened your webbrowser). Now the map will appear directly in the home screen in the app for your convenience making is much easier to check what's been synced etc. We've also put some tools here - so you its much easier for you to archive(save) or clear the data. Note: due to Position Manager, you'll never lose the data. Clearing just flushes it out off the active tracking map window. If you SAVE all the active tracking will be archived into the User Trek format so for Members - this means you can manage big trips by saving into smaller management Treks that you can refer to, share, embed, or download.

4) The Speed/Heading box has had lots of changes:-

* Altitude data is now auto-corrected every 20 minutes
* Position format display is now consistent in all outputs as per selection in Settings
* Box can be toggled top/bottom of map screen as needed. Can also setup default position in Settings

5) Option to show range rings on map screen has been added (default none, but go to Settings to setup)

6) Cross-hair cursor will automatically appear on map screen when GPS lock is disabled (eg. you've touched the map and moved off current position. In this mode, the Drop Pin tool will create a Place at the centre of the cross-hair cursor rather than map centre. Drop Pin will continue to create Place at map centre (position dot or arrow head) if GPS lock is on.

7) The current position arrow now has settings to change the size of the arrow and arrow tip shows exact position.

8) New Dump Point icon added to new Place type "Dump Point".

9) We fixed the bug affecting offline photo viewing problem for people who had added a photo to a Place whilst offline and couldn't see their own photo.

10) We fixed the bug with the colour theme "Light" that caused some nav control buttons to disappear if that theme was selected.

So, if you've got the app - we hope you enjoy the update.

If you don't have the app, then now's the time. Here is the link to the ExplorOz Traveller Information Page - all your questions answered here! Specific platform issues are also detailed on each app store description so look at those too.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 5 Moderator

Reply By: Banjo (WA) - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 09:22

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 09:22
Where do I find my version?

My display, pre updating shows 'Version 14 Jul 2018 09:13'

After the update the same except it is the current date.

Paul
AnswerID: 620443

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 09:38

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 09:38
1) open app
2) click on home button (little house) which is located at top right of map page
3) click on "About"

Or if you look at the bottom left of the "Home" page the version is shown in small numbers on the bottom left of fhe box

FollowupID: 892877

Follow Up By: Banjo (WA) - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 10:18

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 10:18
Thanks Kiwi,

Paul
FollowupID: 892880

Reply By: Member - Glynn G - Friday, Aug 03, 2018 at 18:16

Friday, Aug 03, 2018 at 18:16
Did you know that ExploreOz on an ipod mini fits perfectly behind the steering wheel on a Land Cruiser 200 ?? What we need is: some alternative places for the orange button [current location]. At the moment it sits bottom left (hard to reach when driving). Best position for the driver is top right [check out Wiki Camps for the perfect place - and you'll give me harmony for my 2 must-have apps]
AnswerID: 620481

Sponsored Links