At last a real comparison

Submitted: Monday, Aug 06, 2018 at 16:35
ThreadID: 137092 Views:2906 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Not 4wd, but at least this gives a bit of insight into vehicles that have a few K's on them. Reading it I find a pretty good honest comparison of the two vehicles and not an off the showroom floor appraisal. Would be nice to see a 4wd one with the vehicles hoeing at least a few K's on them.

Kia versus Commadore
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 76lifted - Monday, Aug 06, 2018 at 19:23

Monday, Aug 06, 2018 at 19:23
Only reason why it bet the aussie car was because they didnt try the xr6 turbo ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cheers jed
AnswerID: 620559

Follow Up By: 9900Eagle - Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 07:03

Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 07:03
The post wasn't about which car was better or which had the biggest balls,the post was about vehicles that weren't off the showroom floor that had copped a bit of a hammering showing some faults that might show up.

Probably didn't include XR6 turbo because they don't make them anymore :) :) :)
FollowupID: 893038

Follow Up By: Griffin - Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 09:39

Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 09:39
I didn't see an Aussie car in the test.
FollowupID: 893040

Follow Up By: qldcamper - Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 10:27

Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 10:27
Aussie car? what is an Aussie car?
FollowupID: 893043

Reply By: RMD - Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 12:57

Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 12:57
Apart from an appraisal of some of the bling features, registering how much sideways G force each can generate is useless info, as for acc from 0 to 100, of course we all do that all day everyday too. Great for outrunning the police for a short distance!
Cars that accelerate as fast are unseen by people taking normal takeoff speed of vehicles into consideration and mentally calculating safety gaps and vehicle movements.

My daugter inlaw saw no vehicle on the road so entered the intersection, Joseph Cool accelerated from a parked driveway of service station and hit her before she could react to his extremely sudden presence onto the road way, from "hidden to blast off". Stupid ability for a car. Impresses people reading reports somehow.

The Crummydoor brakes better, but is fitted with grippy tyres which most of us can't afford, so another useless piece of info comparison.

If they do a report for 4wd and include similar testing procedures, it will impress those who love to read and be impressed, but the actual sensible vehicle performance and usability may be lost on these testing types.
AnswerID: 620574

Reply By: Ron N - Monday, Aug 20, 2018 at 11:57

Monday, Aug 20, 2018 at 11:57
Unfortunately, both of these vehicles are pretty much irrelevant in todays car market, as 4WD SUV's and 4WD dual-cab utes are the biggest and hottest sellers in the new vehicle market today.

The new Commodore is only a repeat of 1979 - when Holden was stupid enough to try and hoodwink the public, by introducing the "new down-sized, HOLDEN Commodore" - when it was merely a re-badged Opel Rekord - with a host of major European design faults and weaknesses, that cost GMH an absolute fortune to fix.

The first Commodore was just a rebadged Opel

The "badge-engineering" stuff-ups in Australian vehicle production should serve nothing less, than a warning to any car-marketing guru.
Yet the car manufacturers seem to love continually trying to hoodwink Joe Public.
The number of "badge-engineering" disasters in Australia is the stuff of legend.

None of the Commodores basic problems were ever properly fixed.
The last well-built, and Australian-designed Holden was the HQ to WB.
These Australian-designed vehicles are classics that are starting to soar in value - if you can find a good example left in reasonable order.
I've got a WB one-tonner in excellent, original, low-km condition, and I love it - and I knock back offers for it every week.
One of the few left, that haven't been chopped, lowered, fitted with 350 Chevs, wrecked, and generally abused to the nth degree.

As for this "new" Commodore, few people understand they will be buying an "orphan" when they buy one.
Opel is no longer owned by GM. Opel cost GM so much in losses, they were desperate to get rid of the millstone around their neck, so they sold Opel to Citroen/Peugeot.

As a result, there will be no more new Commodores after this one, that have any GM input, by way of design or components.

All new Commodores after this model will be Citroen/Peugeot clones - and I can imagine how well that will go down, to the one-eyed, Rampant Lion lovers.

As for Kias - well, if they can manage to build a motor that stays together for over 120,000kms, they might be considered as a buying choice.
Until they get over their build quality issues, they will still be an "also-ran" in the car market.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 620783

Sponsored Links