CAMBALLIN access for standard caravan

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 15, 2018 at 20:41
ThreadID: 137127 Views:2361 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering if anyone has recent experience of hauling a standard van into Camballin please?

Jill might thump Phil if the track bounces around like El Questro last year, but pleased to hear that was graded Monday in case anyone is heading that way..

Thanks for any updates on the state of the road and van park conditions

Cheers Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 873 - Thursday, Aug 16, 2018 at 14:28

Thursday, Aug 16, 2018 at 14:28
Was there last week. Road really good. No problem with van .
AnswerID: 620717

Follow Up By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Thursday, Aug 16, 2018 at 14:40

Thursday, Aug 16, 2018 at 14:40
Thanks for that, we will take the opportunity to visit on our return trek. Been past it many times without any thought of visiting, but recently picked up Jack Fletcher's book on his massive investments there and curious now to see and hear about the region first hand.

Happy travels, regards Phil and Jill
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 893175

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Friday, Aug 17, 2018 at 22:30

Friday, Aug 17, 2018 at 22:30
Hi

I note your comment "Jack Fletcher's book on his massive investments there and curious now to see and hear about the region first hand."

Don't be too disappointed when it will look nothing like it was in its hey day...in fact the last time I was there (roughly 10 years ago) if I wasn't aware of the massive earthworks for flood irrigation/drainage they would not have been obvious....However I knew what to look for and where to look....all in an overgrown state and in disrepair sadly

I worked in the area at the time when it was full steam ahead. I have also visited it many times since and camped at the barrage dam.

Since my last visits the owner (until very recently) had spent money on some center pivot irrigation and actually did some work I believe. Now that Hancock Prospecting (as the parent company) owns the property I assume that will continue.

Basically what I am saying is that in the 60's early 70's when it was full on the irrigation concept of the day is now nothing to what ever is happening there now.

I great vision before its time....still has huge potential.
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 620750

Follow Up By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Saturday, Aug 18, 2018 at 08:51

Saturday, Aug 18, 2018 at 08:51
Thanks for that. It must have been great at the time to be part of a huge endeavour.

I have had some feedback from others too and as you say am not expecting to see a lot other than 'potential', much like the Ord region.

Cheers Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 893191

Sponsored Links