Wildflower trail guide

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 04, 2018 at 17:37
ThreadID: 137197 Views:2252 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just received the Tourism WA newsletter and part of the news letter is the Wildflower news letter is the WA Wildflowers Guide 2018.
Hope it helps those heading out to see what is supposed to be the best display in many a year.
cheers
Dunc.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: new boy - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 10:21

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 10:21
Yep Best year for many years. We did a run from Geraldton 3 weeks back to see the Wreath Flowers at Pindar hundreds of flowers but only one out we were to early but the neighbor we last weekend they are in full bloom also advise Coalseam near Mingenew is awesome .He also advise both location on the Sunday were worst than mitchell freeway at peak hour
AnswerID: 621024

Follow Up By: Dean K3 - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 22:01

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 22:01
Spot on with both accounts coalseam was like piccadily circus in london on weekend before last one (dates illude me)

coalseam is possibily just going off its peak as it had a early start however pindar was full of wreath leschanultias case of go around a left hand corner and slight rise and find a plethora of caravans camper all pulled off side of road and you;ve found them - flies were friendly maybe it was a few eastern staters complaining summerime they be far worse !

pic of the traffic jam attached (hopefully)
FollowupID: 893542

Reply By: Ron N - Friday, Sep 07, 2018 at 23:21

Friday, Sep 07, 2018 at 23:21
Thanks for the link to the State wildflower guide, Duncan.

Here's another current wildflower guide, specifically for the Northern Wheatbelt.

Visitor Guide - W.A.'s Northern Wheatbelt Wildflower Country

This winter has been one of the wettest I can recall for a couple of decades, and the Northern Wheatbelt has enjoyed a Winter like they haven't seen for a very long time.
Dalwallinu, for example, has recorded double it's normal rainfall for the Winter period.
They will be producing wheat this coming harvest, at a level not seen since the early 1960's.

There's nothing like a wet Winter to produce the best wildflowers. I can still recall the Spring of 1974 - after the wettest Winter for several decades - it was the most incredible display of wildflowers I can recall in my 70 years.

We're heading out to the Northern Wheatbelt this coming week, to check out all the blooms.
Stepdaughter has just driven North and reported in from Dongara and Beharra Springs, where she's working on the gas plant - and she reckons the wildflower display is just stunning. The photos she sent, bears it out.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 621076

Sponsored Links