Fridge slide

Submitted: Monday, Sep 24, 2018 at 08:25
ThreadID: 137279 Views:10464 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I’ve just purchased a king’s fridge slide. Looking for any tips on installing it in the well back tub of my ute? I’m not the handiest bloke so want to make sure I don’t make a mess of it and put more holes in the tray than I have too. Or if anyone has any ideas to avoid any holes at all?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kazza055 - Monday, Sep 24, 2018 at 10:43

Monday, Sep 24, 2018 at 10:43
I have a set of drawers in my tub and they are bolted through the tub floor, really don't see any other way to do it.
AnswerID: 621359

Reply By: RMD - Monday, Sep 24, 2018 at 13:47

Monday, Sep 24, 2018 at 13:47
Jon H1
I would not drill holes in the tub floor. I refuse to do that.
You don't say if the fridge slide is at floor level or to be at drawer top height. Either way there is sufficient side hold down loops, usually two 8mm holes at each corner or near sides. Utilizing those fixing points with dedicated brackets would do the job.
Suitably sized metal. RHS probably, would be able to be run from back to front and then be fixed using brackets to the drawer unit and slide or to just a slide unit.

The actual fixing points do vary between manufacturers/brands of ute. Some Nissans have a rail system which can be easily used with T bolts. If having a fridge and slide, you possibly also have an aux battery too and it also has to be fixed somewhere. The frame system can be made to incorporate both if required.

The good thing with using these, already provided points, means they can be easily unbolted and the whole thing removed at any time.

I use a thick ply drawer setup and it's sides are attached to brackets which bolt directly into the OE tie down bolt holes. If planned well you may be also able to retain the tie down loops at those points as they are handy for ocky strap or rope tying of large items you want to carry.
AnswerID: 621362

Reply By: Hoyks - Monday, Sep 24, 2018 at 16:48

Monday, Sep 24, 2018 at 16:48
Another option is cutting a sheet of form ply (that black waterproof plywood) to fit the base of the tub and bolting/screwing everything onto that.

Most tubs have some attachment holes for tiedowns, so use them to bolt the ply into the back.
AnswerID: 621365

Reply By: Batt's - Saturday, Sep 29, 2018 at 20:55

Saturday, Sep 29, 2018 at 20:55
As mentioned it's good if you can utilise other tie down points etc but if you do have to drill holes it's not the end of the world you can put a rubber grommet in it when you sell the vehicle.
AnswerID: 621426

Sponsored Links