PS2 DVD In-car Application

Submitted: Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 23:59
ThreadID: 13770 Views:1224 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I've read a few posts from people running a PS2 module as DVD player. The concept is appealing. I am hoping for some feedback from people running this set-up on how well the PS2 functions when the vehicle is operating on corrugated/rough roads. My main concern is whether the disc drive is prone to skipping under these conditions.

Thanks in advance,
Hugh
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rolande- Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 11:20

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 11:20
Hugh,
Experience from others is that DVD skips readily when in a vehicle, others have bought those all-in-one DVD players and have found same problem, (no brands mentioned). You can get made for vehicle DVD players for under $200 now, may be a better option. XBOX better for vehicles as you can load games on to hard drive and use with less problems while driving. I use in-car DVD and TFT screen in a portable unit, works O.K.
Rolande
AnswerID: 63211

Reply By: ross - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 13:25

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 13:25
In agreeance with Hugh.The PS2 is designed for a stable surface only.It doesnt have a shock absorber device built into it like car cd and dvd players.
Most of the shops that mod these things will recommend against it.

I think Hollywood is partly to blame with the movie 'The Fast and the Furious" which shows high performance cars drag racing while the passenger races on GranTourismo 3.
It took me a long time to convince my disapointed 13yo son it wasnt feasible!
AnswerID: 63231

Reply By: terracan tim - Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 21:54

Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 21:54
I brought a digi Red DVD player and roof mount tft screen for my GQ patrol and now is in my terracan the unit is located under the drivers seat in both vehicles We have done many trips over australia and on very different type of roads it has never skipped once in the lat 2 years. I cn drive on corrugated roads at high speed with out it missing a beat also has mp3 capablity as well would recomed this player to anyone. I brought mine from auto barn for $499 2 years ago.

tim
AnswerID: 63821

Sponsored Links