Long trip

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 11:31
ThreadID: 13778 Views:1274 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I would like some advise on what vehicle would be suitable for long term travel around this big country. I will be towing a 17` Viscount Sea-Breeze and there will be only me onboard. I`m going to be a semi grey nomand on a permenant working holiday. more holiday than work I hope.
I would like to know from other`s experiences if I should go petrol or deisel, Nissan or Toyota for partsor any other suggestions as to a good tow vehicle. I`m not worried if the vehicle is older in looks as long as it is reliable.

Thank you
Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rolande- Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 11:43

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 11:43
Peter,
Type of vehicle probably more related to WHERE you want to drive rather than what you tow. If only looking at staying on the blacktop then a 4X4 may not be required. Find the total weight of the van with all gear loaded, plan how far you want to drive per day / week etc, then go looking for vehicle. Friends have towed 16' van for past three years around Australia twice using an EL Falcon. They move from job-to-job and so don't need to do long distances in short time. No difficulty with service / parts and still going strong. If you want to park the van and go exploring off road then you may want a 4X4 just for this. Hope this helps
Rolande
AnswerID: 63217

Reply By: Cruiser88 - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 13:50

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 13:50
factory turbo 60 series there is no option......... (this should create some feedback lol)

Cheers
AnswerID: 63234

Reply By: KiwiAngler - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:15

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:15
Peter

Drop me an e-mail at this addy:

kiwiinaussieau@yahoo.com.au

It sounds like we have the same agenda amd plans, never know, we could end up going to the same places :-)
AnswerID: 63262

Reply By: Davoe - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 21:10

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 21:10
big 6 (4+ litres) either make - petrol if you want the power and can afford the fuel or convert to gas (dont go this way if you want a remote area weapon) or diesal for economic unfussed towing. as per previos post go turbo diesal for same but better
AnswerID: 63321

Sponsored Links