ExplorOz Traveller - New Update/Version 3.6.1

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 19, 2019 at 20:18
ThreadID: 137983 Views:2328 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
David has made a few adjustments to the app so there's been a new version update released today.

If you have your device setup to allow auto app updates overnight over Wifi you should get the update to V3.6.1 today.
Otherwise, you can manually get the update - open the Apps list on your device whilst you are online and you should see an Update available flag with a button to get the update. Takes about a minute, and you don't need to reload any maps etc. I've been making some pretty monumental Place updates over past few weeks however so now would also be a good time to update your Places & Treks database.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 15:50

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 15:50
Sadly, a critical bug was found in this version and so V3.6.2 has now been released (the bug stopped the GoTo on any Trek from working!). Thanks to the very quick Warren you found this and alerted me at the crack of dawn this morning. Again, autoupdates or manual updates.

We also made another slight adjustment to the click action on the Place icons - after discovering that some folk have such shaky hands when they tap a place that they were actually "dragging" the Place which was interpreted by the app as a map pan so nothing would happen. Place icons will now tolerate shaky hands.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 624537

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 16:33

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 16:33
"Place icons will now tolerate shaky hands."

Not only that, Michelle, that seems to have fixed the poor response I was getting to tapping a place icon on my Samsung S2 tablet. Yeehaaa!

The green numbered multi-place icons are still a bit slow to respond for me - can you apply the same fix to them?

Pleeeeeze :-)
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898044

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 16:39

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 16:39
When moving, with GPS lock enabled, the map is moving as you travel so clicking a Place on the screen when in movement was actually the cause of the app thinking a Place click was a Place drag - more apparent if moving at highway speeds. This is now all solved.

Yes the Place clusters is harder to solve as doing the same as done to individual places would impact on map screen performance and we don't want to negatively affect the app to make a work around. It would be better to use the + or use pinch zoom if having troubles with clusters.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898045

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 16:46

Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 at 16:46
"doing the same as done to individual places would impact on map screen performance and we don't want to negatively affect the app to make a work around."

Absolutely fair enough, Michelle. It was just an idea.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898046

Sponsored Links