Renewing my membership, and downloading maps to new tablet.

I just renewed my membership having been in the US for a while, and all that was fine.
However on the return home, my 10" Samsung tablet went "walkies" and I've just had it replaced under insurance.
I had downloaded all the maps on the old unit, and am now trying to figure out how to download replacement maps to the new unit.
I tried to load the app, and it wants me to pay for it, but like I said, I renewed my membership.
Am I missing something obvious, and can someone help me with where to download the maps.
Thanks
alan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Saturday, Jun 01, 2019 at 17:31

Saturday, Jun 01, 2019 at 17:31
You could get it sorted by Michelle. Email her on info@exploroz.com
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 625914

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Saturday, Jun 01, 2019 at 19:07

Saturday, Jun 01, 2019 at 19:07
Members still have to pay for the maps you want.
You also need to purchase Exploroz Traveller
Cheers
FollowupID: 899561

Reply By: Duncan2H - Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 09:15

Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 09:15
Are you saying the Google Play store is wanting you to pay for the ExplorOz Traveller app again? If so you must've used a different email address for your Google Credentials.

Any apps paid for in the Google Play store can be downloaded to any device logged in with the same email address.
AnswerID: 625924

Reply By: Member - Aussie Jeepster - Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 10:32

Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 10:32
Interesting.
I do have a rarely used gmail address that I never use, so I'll try that, but I would have thought I'd be logged in to my ExploreOz account.
Anyway, I'll try it and see what happens.
AnswerID: 625926

Follow Up By: Duncan2H - Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 12:55

Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 12:55
To further clarify:

Two different and separate logins have to take place when you install the App and its associated maps on a new android device.

1. Google Play Store Login - this gets you the app if you're already paid for it.

2. ExplorOz Membership Login - this is done within the app and gives you the extra maps you've paid for previously.

FollowupID: 899582

Reply By: Member - Aussie Jeepster - Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 15:47

Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 15:47
I've emailed Michelle and will wait to hear.
I can't change account emails in my playstore account and I can see a bunch of other things I purchased there a few months ago when I got my previous tablet.
These were on my normal hotmail account which is what I used for Explore Oz.
It's all getting too hard.
AnswerID: 625930

Reply By: Member - Aussie Jeepster - Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 16:49

Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 16:49
Success - sort of.
I just checked my mobile phone and it shows that I did purchase ExploreOz and eotopo.
So as I copied everything from my phone to my new tablet, something has gone strange in the copying.
Like I said, I'll let Michelle sort it out.
AnswerID: 625933

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 17:20

Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 17:20
I don't think you can just copy EO Traveller and its maps. You have to reinstall.

If you haven't already done so, on your new device download and install EO Traveller from your appstore and set up your personal details by following the prompts.

Then
- From the menu select EO Topo
- Above the map of Aus, click Download
- If you've logged on with the same credentials with which you bought EO Topo (same email), beneath the grey Download bar will be a dialogue box saying:

"You have a license to download the EOTopo 2018 Premium (144K) release and Free download products."

***Within EO Traveller***, you should then be able to download the EO Topo maps using Data Manager. That will take some time. Stick with it. They will be automatically installed in Traveller.

To get EO Topo maps for use in OziExplorer, etc,
- From the menu select EO Topo
- Above the map of Oz, click Download
- If you've logged on with the same credentials with which you bought EO Topo (same email), beneath the grey Download bar will be the dialogue box saying:

"You have a license to download the EOTopo 2018 Premium (144K) release and Free download products."

- Below the dialogue box is a folder icon labelled 2018. Click it to reveal sub folders.
- Below the list of folders is an explanation about what you are entitled to do, depending on the colour of the text in the filenames inside the folders.
- If the filename text is black or green you can download the file.
- Choose the folders/files you want to download and go for it.

Cheers

FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 899592

Reply By: Member - Aussie Jeepster - Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 17:28

Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 17:28
This is what I get on the tablet when I go to the play store - I'd like to try and avoid paying for it a second time if I can.
AnswerID: 625934

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 17:32

Sunday, Jun 02, 2019 at 17:32
Aussie,
Check your messages.
Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 899593

Reply By: Member - Aussie Jeepster - Tuesday, Jun 04, 2019 at 21:25

Tuesday, Jun 04, 2019 at 21:25
Thanks for the help I received.
An email or 2 from Michelle, plus a call to Google Play Store help has sorted the problem out.
Can't say enough good things about google - called back in 60 secs from logging the call, and stuck with it to fix the problem.
all is now sorted.
Alan
PS thanks for all your help Frank - you were on the money with another email address.
AnswerID: 625990

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 04, 2019 at 23:24

Tuesday, Jun 04, 2019 at 23:24
Welcome Alan. Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 899641

Sponsored Links