Bridle Track Update

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 27, 2019 at 15:14
ThreadID: 138824 Views:3749 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I recently contacted Bathurst Regional Council to check on any progress to the repairs after the NSW Govt announced $2 mill contribution to cost. Result was the BRC have received the 2 mill but engineer was unavailable to advise, suggested I call back in a 'few months' for an update. Replies were courteous but lacked substance, so I will keep working on any progress; but not for months!
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Jul 27, 2019 at 18:50

Saturday, Jul 27, 2019 at 18:50
I made a comment a while back, if it was 1900 it would have been fixed by pick and shovel in a few months. Its been a lack of will i guess. If no one complained at all, it would have been forgotten altogether. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 626892

Follow Up By: Fiona & Paul - Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 09:46

Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 09:46
Michael I had been following this up for a number of years (as I am local) and I thought the injection of funds would kick the effort back to life. I guess it's a difficult job and the council keeps putting it on the back burner without a serious look at the problem of fixing the track. More to come; hopefully.

Regards PH
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900845

Reply By: axle - Saturday, Jul 27, 2019 at 20:43

Saturday, Jul 27, 2019 at 20:43
Hi Fiona & Paul, Its going to take some work to stabilise that slip ,Its a fragile area ,and i'm surprised that any engineer would put his name on that one!,

Big shame it happened, was always a good weekend drive through there.

Cheers Axle.
AnswerID: 626893

Follow Up By: Fiona & Paul - Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 09:58

Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 09:58
Hi Axle - You are right that the fix will be difficult, but, there has been no proposals or suggestions from the engineers to give us some hope. I assumed the govt injection of funds was an indication 'the how to' had been resolved, apparently it hasn't. There is an alternative route via Root Hog Rd fire trail but I haven't been out there to check it out as there had been problems with one of the property owners where the access road crosses his boundary.
Seems his objections were only raised after abuse of his property by reckless 4WD users and BRCouncil resolved this issue a couple of years ago, and, I haven't bothered to check it out - makes me as bad as them - so today I am going to check it out, with the bride in tow as she is busting to get on the road again. I'll check back in later in the day.

Regards PH & Fiona
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900846

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 13:21

Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 13:21
There's proper access through Root Hog now. The road had a fence along it with warnings to stick to it. If the river comes up then you can't get through.
FollowupID: 900850

Follow Up By: Fiona & Paul - Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 22:49

Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 at 22:49
Correct and apparently the access has been there for quite a while now, so we drove it today as far as the river crossing.
Didn't go any further as we went out late in the afternoon and I didn't want to miss the footy. Couldn't resist going all the way to Hill End once we crossed.
I didn't get any pics this time as the day was overcast and full of bad light (that's what I told Fiona) she does not want to go back as there were a few other 4B's in the area at the time and it got a bit hairy. So I get to go again in the next week to get some good pics.
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 900855

Sponsored Links