EO traveller update faulty

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 20:37
ThreadID: 139025 Views:3641 Replies:3 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
Just downloaded the update today and from 13 zoom and up a strip of the map is missing !
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 21:27

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 21:27
App updates dont change the maps...do you mean you've updated the offline maps to EOTopo 2019?

Please use our Help Desk to lodge a report/support case so i can help you.

There are a couple of troubleshooting things to look for before assuming a map tile is missing which I'll go through with you after I get your support request.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 627572

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 21:29

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 21:29
I had that a while ago. In data manager, delete the affected file (East, Central or West) and download it again.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 627573

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 23:05

Wednesday, Sep 04, 2019 at 23:05
Yes, correct advice from Frank. But worth checking all the tile counts in your data manager vs what is shown in the support help section on the ExplorOz Traveller webpage. Youll find you have an incomplete map download, thats all and easy fixed.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 901654

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 13:29

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 13:29

Extract from ExplorOz Traveller webpage - from the Support Help Section.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 901668

Reply By: Member - wicket - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 08:58

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 08:58
Frank
Thanks that fixed it.

Michelle
For the record all updates have been done correctly including the paid update where the old maps were deleted and the new maps installed, it was only after this latest update that I noticed the issue.

Anyone else
Just in case I am not the only one to experience this you can check by showing Morgan SA on the map setting zoom to 13 or greater and looking to the area to the west of Morgan approx as far as Auburn.
AnswerID: 627576

Follow Up By: Matthew G3 - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 11:26

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 11:26
I had the same problem not at Morgan but at Murray Bridge to the North/East at the same zoom level. Trying Franks idea thanks.
Matt
FollowupID: 901664

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 12:14

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 12:14
Just for everyone else, Matthew just rang me and he discovered that as I suspected, he had missing map tiles in his 577K pack, his map had not fully downloaded so there were missing map tiles. But a download again fixes this.
For reference - there is a section on the ExplorOz Traveller webpage for support help and in there I have created a section called MISSING MAP DATA and this gives you the check list for the number of map tiles you need to confirm for a complete install of each map pack.

If you don't get the exact same number of tiles as listed then you are missing map tiles and need to download again. An interrupted internet connected might result in an incomplete download - but is very rare. The system should alert you in the Data Manager by saying Partially downloaded and give you the option to press the Download button to complete the install. So this extra bit of info on the webpage is for those that just really like to know the nitty gritty as to how many tiles the full install should be delivering.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 901666

Follow Up By: Member - wicket - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 14:06

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 14:06
Michelle
I’ve gone one better than you, my East pack has 279266 ! ,others are the same
FollowupID: 901671

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 14:34

Thursday, Sep 05, 2019 at 14:34
Here is a screen shot of EOTopo offline level 13 (144k) at Morgan. No missing strip as per the OP's suggestion. Your problem is incomplete install of map tile data but easily fixed as per previous suggestions given.

Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 901673

Sponsored Links