Future Updates in EOTopo

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020 at 18:32
ThreadID: 139838 Views:7298 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
For those that have an interest in these things, here is something specific you might also like to do if you have a little bit of extra time on your hands. This is about map data (not Places). This does not indicate we are actively working on updates at this time, but of course this is just planning. Map updates take 12-18months and we are just aware that we haven't told you lately how you can be involved in that process:-

1. Alert us to any typos of a street/road NAME - tell us the State, City, Suburb and correct name/spelling - along with the incorrect spelling/typo that you see on the map now. If possible, it would really help to have a screen shot of our map showing the error you know needs fixing.

2. Alert us to any missing street/road NAMES - tell us the State, City, Suburb and nearest cross-street that is labelled on our map along with a screen shot of our map if you can can to help locate where the label should be placed. We will pick up any major new road constructions via our usual referencing process but this is more about any minor omissions that you're aware of currently.

3. Alert us to any tracks (or road lines) that are actually missing completely from EOTopo. We will require a screen shot of a satellite map to identify it, along with State/area name.

4. Do you know of any section of a road that is shown on our map as unsealed but is NOW SEALED? Please let know. You will need to be very specific - start with telling us the State, Town name, and nearest cross-roads or nearby landmarks that are shown on our map. We will need to know the exact sections that are sealed using existing reference marks on the map - ie. where does the seal start and where does it end.

5. Alert us to any other topographic map data features (not roads) that should be removed due to things changing/recent urban sprawl - eg. we are looking at quarries in suburban areas which have now become housing estates! Let us know of anything else similar in your local area that you've seen change. Could be some closed mines that have been completely removed/etc and surround service roads etc. Topographic map data can be any natural landmark feature or man-made infrastructure.

IMPORTANT: if you wish to report any of these things DO NOT use the Forum. Please use the Help Desk. This is an email-based system. We are not able to dedicate all our attention immediately to these reports but will collate the info you send for future reference. Just though it was a great task that many of you would find enjoyable, especially knowing that we definately have a system in place for taking on your feedback.

Thanks in advance
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 9 Moderator

Sponsored Links