Submitted: Monday, Jun 21, 2004 at 18:25
ThreadID: 13986 Views:5597 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Can somebody assist with identifying the caravan stabilizers I purchased second hand some years ago and am ready to fit now, but but am uncertain how to use . The set is clearly labelled "TAG ANTI SWAY TOWING STABILIZER" MADE BY ANTHONY PRODUCTS LTD,WELLINGTON,NZ. However,this company no longer exists and is not listed in the phone books of New Zealand.The stabilizer or anti sway system comprises of 2 leaf springs,joined together, about 3ft long attached at one end to the pull vehicle tow ball via a mount which bolts onto the goosneck under the ball,and at the other end the spring fits into an adjustable bracket which attaches to the caravan A bar. When attached, one can crank up the torsion,from low to high, with a handle protruding from the adjustable bracket on the A Bar.
I will gladly email a photo to anybody who thinks they know how it works,or better still has used this system and has a set of operating instructions.Please contact me.
Roman (near Melbourne,Australia) 21st June,2004
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Graham & Ann - Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 16:14

Thursday, Jun 24, 2004 at 16:14
Sounds similar to a wieght distribution hitch, does the rear of the tow vehicle rise as you crank up the torsion,from low to high??

Try posting a photo on the caravanners forum at
a few caravanning Kiwi's there may have some info for you.
AnswerID: 64875

Sponsored Links