Drone registration and accreditation

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 01, 2020 at 17:18
ThreadID: 139864 Views:9858 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello - many of you are probably signed up to CASA mailing list if you own a Drone but just in case your not here is latest update. Bit of a delay in implemeting new rules/regs for commercial users for obvious reasons. I assume most people who own a drone will be recreational users so nothing to do (except follow current rules) till 2022 sometime. If you make money by using your drone you are classified as commercial. Go to CASA website for full details/explanation

Remotely piloted aircraft registration and accreditation - further assistance for industry

On 24 March 2020, CASA announced a suite of measures to alleviate pressure on Australian RPA operators while ensuring the ongoing safety of aviation.

COVID-19 is expected to continue to disrupt business and operations for some time, so we are putting in place further measures to assist the RPAS industry.

Drone registration for commercial operators and excluded category operators was scheduled to commence on 1 April 2020 in line with legislation that was passed in July 2019.

The government has agreed to defer mandatory drone registration and accreditation until 30 September 2020.

Recreational drone registration and accreditation is still expected to commence in 2022.

Subscribe to our mailing list for further updates on drone registration and accreditation.

Regards,
Shane Carmody
Chief Executive Officer and Director of Aviation Safety

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Sponsored Links