Memories and remembrance.

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 26, 2020 at 01:02
ThreadID: 139945 Views:6672 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm always awed by ANZAC day. It's the opportunity to remember those members of my family who have answered the call and forged the egalitarian society that I, and my child, now enjoy.

I have been blessed to have been protected from the horror of war by their sacrifice. As I now approach the sunset of a 40 year career, and as an inveterate traveller about the wide brown land, I realise how fortunate I have been to stumble across the many who while older than me, never hesitated, did what was asked, made it home and in many cases paid a deeper price than we can ever know.

Our hearts break as our mates pass but for those who remain, it's important for you to know that we know. We know who you are, we know what you have done for us and we owe you a debt of gratitude beyond measure.

For those times around the camp fire, for sharing your stories with us and for all that you have done, thank you.

Lest we Forget.

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 15 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 26, 2020 at 07:53

Sunday, Apr 26, 2020 at 07:53
Beautiful words Mick.
You have done Jaydub proud.
I have a need to PM you at some future time.
Stan and Chris
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 631217

Reply By: OBJ - Sunday, Apr 26, 2020 at 07:54

Sunday, Apr 26, 2020 at 07:54
Thank you.
AnswerID: 631218

Follow Up By: Member - David & Kerry W - Sunday, Apr 26, 2020 at 08:56

Sunday, Apr 26, 2020 at 08:56
Thank you Mick O you said it so eloquently. I think it, thank you again. While the world sorts itself out some things remain constant and must not be forgotten or misplaced.
David
FollowupID: 907176

Sponsored Links