Calendar Photos on Instagram

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 23, 2020 at 15:13
ThreadID: 140182 Views:8379 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
As you might recall we recently invited everyone in the ExplorOz audience to participate in our challenge to find the best images of Australia to feature on our upcoming printed 2021 ExplorOz Calendar.

After receiving over 1000 entries, we have finally selected 13 photos. Thank you to all that made a submission and made this project possible!

Despite over 980 images not being selected for the final calendar, many were of such a high quality that we thought it was too much of a shame not to let them be seen, so we have started featuring them on our Instagram account.

We know that some of you might not have looked much at Instagram but if you appreciate good photography and could do with some visual inspiration about places to travel, it really is a wonderful platform for that purpose so that's why we're using it.

Calendar photo posts started about a week ago and we're doing a daily image post so don't miss out. We tend to favour landscape photography that visually explains the ethos of what "ExplorOz" means. Images from the outback, sunsets, ruins, remote desert tracks, campfires, remote beaches, views from high places, wild places, native plants, birds, and other animals, interesting or unusual places, and action shots - whether you are a four wheel driver, hiker, caravanner, motorbike rider, mountain bike cyclist, trail runner or kayaker - it's all about getting outdoors and exploring Australia - whether that is in your local national park, or far away.

For each image featured we credit the photographer and name the location where the image was taken making our photo gallery quite diverse and interesting.

To follow our account go to @exploroz. We aren't letting on which images are in the calendar, but we will be including them so you'll just have to look through them all to see which ones you think should have been selected!

There's a long time yet until the printed Calendar will be available because of course its a calendar for 2021, and for most of us travel is still restricted and many of the areas where the photos are taken will remain inaccessible for many to visit unless state border controls are lifted - which seem unlikely for a little while yet.

If you missed the opportunity to submit a photo to the Calendar, you might like to consider tagging your own photos to our Instagram account and we'll happily consider featuring it in our feed anyway. Just remember you need to follow our account and use the tag @exploroz so we know that you give us permission.

You are also welcome to use the hashtag #exploroz in your general Instagram posts and we'll probably give it a LIKE.

Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Tuesday, Jun 23, 2020 at 18:29

Tuesday, Jun 23, 2020 at 18:29
There are some crackers there that's for sure. Look forward to the calendar.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 632269

Reply By: Gronk - Thursday, Jun 25, 2020 at 06:42

Thursday, Jun 25, 2020 at 06:42
A lot of "elderly" people here probably don't do Facebook, let alone Instagram.
AnswerID: 632280

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 25, 2020 at 12:29

Thursday, Jun 25, 2020 at 12:29
Gronk, if you're interested in the facts I can confirm that there are currently 77,192 people with a registered ExplorOz user account (Visitors and Members combined). 99% of these people are Australian but the demographic is widely dispersed across the age groups as you would expect because you don't have to be "elderly" to have an interest in travelling Australia.

When you look at which age group is the most prominent taking camping and caravaning trips the data actually reveals that it's the 30-50 year olds, according to 2018 stats released by Tourism Research Australia. This is closely followed by the over 55 year olds.

Another interesting fact is the latest 2020 stats show that 37% of the entire Australian population have an Instagram account. This is led by the 18 - 34 year olds. Stats on the ExplorOz instagram account show the two highest age groups in our audience are the 25-34 and 45-54 and they are equal. We have more 55-64 and more 65+ users on the ExplorOz instagram account than 18-24 year olds. So you can see our Instagram account is reaching the right people.

What we take from this data, is that we need our messaging to cover a wide variety of platforms in order to reach all our followers. And that is why we use our e-newsletters, the Forum, our Facebook page, and our Instagram account to communicate the latest news and information to ExplorOz followers.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 908867

Sponsored Links