engel failing

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 02, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1402 Views:1804 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My 14 yr old Engel stopped intermittedly on a trip north this year.Only after turning the control up and down for some time did it fire back into life. And not in any pattern.I have suspicion it may have been tiny ants or moisture.Has anyone had this problem or should I put it out in the long paddock .Thanks in anticipation.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: LARRY - Tuesday, Jul 02, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jul 02, 2002 at 00:00
Murray my 20 year old 29litre fridge started playing up a couple of years ago it had bounced it way all over Australia and was looking a bit sad on the outside . I thought it couldnt last for ever so I brought a new 39 litre, I sold the old one to my brother and said I will have it checked first by a engel dealer . It cost me only $10.00 and was only a small fault so I was told . The dealer said what ever you do dont sell it because it was still in very good condition and that the early ones are more servicable than the new ones. both fridges are still going strong and my brother is more than happy .
AnswerID: 4577

Follow Up By: Bill - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00
Larry,

Who fixed it for you? Do you know if they need any servicing?
Mine is a bit over ten years and going fine but I was wondering if I should get it serviced....

Bill
FollowupID: 1955

Reply By: murray - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00

Larry ,many thanks .I dont really want to junk the Engel.Had a fellow in brooklyn ,Melb .check it a few years back, Cost over $300 then ,but still worth it I thought.Any other readers may know of a reputable place in Victoria
AnswerID: 4591

Reply By: LARRY - Wednesday, Jul 03, 2002 at 00:00

Murray and Bill yeah it must have been a big fault Murray .mine turned out to be a bad lead socket. Some times you do have to pull the rip cord . A mate gave me a 29 litre that didnt work said it was on the way to the tip . I spent half a day on it and nothing was woth keeping except the power cord . It was used in a truck and everything was broken including the liner ,lid, switch ,catch, the basket and the commpressor was seized. so it did go to the tip. I do feel the new Turbo 39 litre works a bit more efficiently than the old one , it is the quietist of the two and can be powered safley of a genarator. I think I have stayed of the track and me be getting bogged here. I best lock the hubs. Bill I had my fridge serviced at FRECKS REFRIGERATION AND AIR CON in Mildura Vic Email frecks@hotkey.net.au. 03 50212858 cheers..
AnswerID: 4606

Sponsored Links